PA Course Objective
To provide a sound knowledge base and practical ability to perform effectively as a PA.
The course is aimed at a range of PA skills, in order to gain job readiness and confidence to move directly into suitable PA roles.
To provide a popular course scheduled over three days to allow all suitable students to attend and fit in other commitments as needed.
- Tutor led in-house training with expert PA’s
- Internationally recognised and CPD Accredited
The course is well-recognised, nationally and internationally. You can see on our testimonial page that the large majority of students have successfully found the jobs they wanted.
- High level of job readiness on completion
- PA skills to progress in a successful PA Career
- Confidence building through development of in-depth skills
- Excellent value MS Office add-ons available
- Souters is well connected with the quality agencies and directly with employers.
PA Course Content
The key functions of a PA
- Key duties and skills of a PA
- Career development for a PA
- The importance of communication skills
- Client care and complaints
Professional Image and Confidence building
- Acting as a point of contact
- Get a “can do” mindset
Managing time – efficiency- optimise your performance
- Work planning
- Diary management with Outlook
Typing and audio-improve your speed and skills (two months are allowed on flexi time for this).
Technical PA Skills- to gain an edge in the job market
- Preparation and delivery of quality business documents
- Filing system management
- Petty cash
This course is tutor led in a virtual classroom environment with an experienced PA trainer; related typing training can be undertaken on a flexible basis over a two month period before and/or after the course. PA jobs are people skills oriented roles, hence our live tutor led training gives Souters PA’s the edge in the job market.
- A CPD Award is issued for the three day course on a non assessed basis.
- The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more.
- Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, they are often required for certain industries. A CPD accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.
- A CPD PA Diploma is available as an extension to the course
PA Course Dates and Duration
The course runs three weekdays 11:00 to 16:00 . After the course we allow up to two months to complete typing training or longer if you elect additional training.
Please refer to the schedule for start dates.
The PA Course is suitable for:
You need a good secondary education plus basic keyboard skills; some office experience would be ideal. If you do not have this it may be that our essentials courses will help. You can gain advice on this; you may contact the centre for advice here.
This course is suitable for a variety of people such as:
- People from other sectors looking for a career change.
- Existing PA’s looking to consolidate their skills and obtain certification.
- Company employees looking for consolidation training.
- Those looking to enhance their CV with an Accredited Qualification
- People looking to return to work and to build a skill base with certification
“I am really glad I invested my savings in this course; I learnt a lot and am looking forward to doing more specialised Souters’ courses.” Elena B.
“Everybody in the business world needs to take this course. It is very informative and will help in other areas outside the PA field.” Dolapo.
“I admired the elegant, clear and well-controlled way that the trainer speaks, not at all hurried.” Mary P.
“Joan was brilliant- a wealth of knowledge and experience and utterly professional.” Georgina.
Ideally, you have some office skills and good secondary education as a minimum, but all cases will be considered. If in doubt, contact us and we can discuss your current skills and experience. If you have no office or clerical experience at all, it may be beneficial for you to take our Introductory training (e.g. CLICK HERE) before taking this course.