This Policy is created in order to demonstrate our commitment to the privacy of our customers.
You must read this Policy carefully as it provides important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal data, your rights in relation to your personal data and how we can be contacted in the event of the need to report a concern about the way in which your data is processed.
Who are we?
Training and Tutoring Limited is a Private Limited Company, with registered company number 08585656 (England and Wales). Our registered address is 1st Floor, 2 Woodberry Grove, London N12 0DR. For the purposes of the GDPR, Training and Tutoring Limited is the ‘controller’ of the personal data you provide to us.
If you have any queries about this Policy, the way in which Training and Tutoring Limited processes personal data, or about exercising any of your rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Training and Tutoring Limited, 1st Floor, 2 Woodberry Grove, London N12 0DR.
Training and Tutoring Limited owns and operates www.souterstraining.com (Website).
What personal data do we collect? We may collect and process the following personal data: Information you provide to us: If you:
- complete a form on our Website;
- make or manage a booking either personally or on behalf of someone else
- complete a registration form
- complete a feedback form or survey as part of your use of our service(s);
- correspond with us by phone, e-mail, or in writing;
- report a problem, complaint or dispute with us or are involved in a legally recordable incident at our premises (e.g. in relation to health and safety matters);
- sign up to receive our communications;
- create an account with us;
- enter into a contract with us to receive products and/or services, we may collect your personal information in the above manner, including the following about you (and others if their personal information is provided by you): Information we collect about you If you visit our Website or contact us via telephone, email or via correspondence, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Your full name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Payment details
- Voice recordings
- Identification information (e.g. passports, drivers’ licences or similar identity cards • technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address you used, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit to our Websites such as your search terms and viewed pages etc. Information we receive from third parties We may also receive information about you from other sources, which we will add to the information we already hold about you on our database.
This will ensure that the quality of data we have on you is accurate and up to date. Other sources may also include social media providers such as Twitter and Facebook or from third-party websites where you have provided comment(s) or feedback about us.
If you are a tutor or student, we may also receive information about you from your employer or third party, when they register to receive products and/or services from us. Information about other people
Where you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, who may have an interest in matters pertaining to you, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used, and that permission has been given to you to disclose it to us, as well as for us, our contractors or service providers, to use it.
Sensitive personal data In certain limited cases, we may collect certain sensitive personal data from you including that about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, physical or mental health, or details of criminal offences, or genetic or biometric data). However, we will only do so on the basis of your explicit consent.
How we use your personal data
Personal data will be collected from you in order for us to prepare, fulfil our obligations under a contract or the booking of our services. Contract performance: we may use your personal data to fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract:
- to provide the products and/or services to you;
- to create a profile about you in relation to your booking, to update our records, create and maintain your account;
- to liaise with you regarding the provision of contracted products and services by us;
- to provide administrative support to you such as account creation etc.;
- to provide you with information about our courses and events, offers and promotions, related to the products and/or services.
- to amend or cancel bookings or services
- to update you on issues affecting your booking, such as a change that would affect a booking or changes to our terms and conditions of booking.
- to provide you with requested information or correspondence to an enquiry made by you.
- to provide assistance in completing bookings where you have previously advised that you wish to make a booking; in such circumstances, reminder emails or contact via telephone will be made by us. With your consent: we may:
- simplify the payment process by using credit/debit card details given to us by you where the set-up of instalment payments have been agreed by you and us in completing the contract/booking;
- create a profile about you for marketing purposes or use the feedback of your experience or use of our services;
- Maintain records indicating your consent to status so that we accurately reflect your wishes when communicating with you. Legitimate interests: where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests.
These interests are:
- providing you with information about our new or existing courses, events, offers, and promotions, related to products and services offered by Training and Tutoring Limited which may be of interest to you;
- for market research where we will require your feedback (and others if their personal information is provided by you) about your experience using our services/products as part of a continual improvement programme of our customer services;
- to monitor calls and to promote the training of our staff members as a method of continuous professional development;
- to improve our product and services;
- communicating with you in relation to any issues, complaints, or disputes;
- to improve the quality of experience when you use our products and/or services;
- performing analytics on sales/marketing data, determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
- developing, improving, and delivering marketing and advertising for products and services offered by Training and Tutoring Limited.
NOTE: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests as set out below, under the heading
Requirements under Law: your personal data will be processed where we are required to do so by law. This includes responding to requests by government or law enforcement authorities, or for the prevention of crime or fraud. Marketing: Promotional material in relation to our new products, special offers or other information may be sent to you periodically. This is usually based on the profile that we have created about you from email addresses and phone numbers that you have provided to us. Where these are similar to products, services and bookings previously supplied by you to us, we will assume, under our legitimate interests to promote similar goods and services, that you are willing to receive this information unless you have specified otherwise.
Please note that you may at any time request that we stop contacting you with such information. We will always ask for your permission for further contact from us by asking for your positive confirmation either by providing a tick or inserting your consent in the relevant boxes on our Website, documentation or over the telephone. You may opt-out of this at any time that you wish. From time to time, we may also contact you using the information that you have provided to us to ask about your experience in using our services or products as part of our continuing need to improve our services.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Your personal data can only be accessed by authorised personnel of Training and Tutoring Limited. This is restricted to those who have a genuine business need to know it. All reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that your personal data is protected and that our staff members are aware of their information security obligations.
Your personal data may also be shared with trusted third parties including:
- analytics and search engine providers that provides services in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
- legal and other professional advisers, consultants, and professional experts;
- those who have a contract for services to us, including those for IT support. For the recipients above, we will ensure that a contract is in place to include a clause setting out their obligations in relation to the confidentiality, security, and lawful processing of any personal data shared with them. Where a third party recipient is located outside the European Economic Area, safeguard measures will be in place to ensure that the transfer of personal data is protected.
This may include, but is not limited to the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission where the data protection authority is of the view that the third country lacks the requisite data protection laws. Personal data will also be shared with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law. How long will we keep your personal data? Your data will be retained for a range of purposes which determine the period of time for which we need to keep such information. Data Retention Period Where there is a contract between us
For the duration of the contract and for 15 years following termination or expiry. This is so that we are able to comply with any contractual, legal, audit and other regulatory requirements, or any orders from competent courts or authorities. Furthermore, this period allows us to provide information to you about course results and duplicate certificates if needed.
For marketing purposes 3 years from the point of the last contact with you; this may include use of our Website or communications with you. You may unsubscribe from this at any time by informing us via email.
Where do we store your personal data and how is it protected?
Your personal data is stored in secure data centres in the UK or European Union. Reasonable steps are taken to protect it from loss or destruction. Procedures are also in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. Where this is suspected, we will notify you and any applicable regulator where we are legally obliged to do so. Where you are allocated a username or password (or other identification information) which enables you to access certain services or parts of our Website, it is your responsibility to keep this information safe and not to share this information with anyone.
Unfortunately, information transmitted via the internet is not completely secure. Although all reasonable steps will be taken to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of this information during its transmission to our Website; this will be done at your own risk.
Upon receipt of your personal data, strict procedures and security features will be adopted to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Your rights Under the GDPR,
- You have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
- The right to access the information we hold about you
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you by contacting us at the email or postal address is given below. We will respond within 30 days of the request. This right to access may be refused in certain circumstances such as where the information would reveal personal data about another person, or where there is a legal reason for withholding such information. Furthermore, this information will be withheld if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
The right to rectification
We endeavour to keep your personal data accurate and up to date.
Please contact us should any of your details change or are not accurate.
The right to erasure
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data where:
- this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected;
- your consent to processing is withdrawn;
- there is no overriding legitimate interest for the processing of your personal data;
- your personal data has been unlawfully processed.
Please contact us using the contact details below if you wish for your personal data to be erased. The right to object In certain circumstances, you have the right to request Training and Tutoring Limited to stop processing your data. Upon receipt of your request, we shall contact you to advise whether we are able to comply or if there any legitimate grounds for continuing. If data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold it to comply with your other rights.
The right to restrict processing
You have the right to request the restricting of further processing of your personal data.
Under certain circumstances, this right arises where:
- the accuracy of this information is contested and we are verifying the information;
- you have objected to processing on the grounds of legitimate interests which we will consider if any; or
- it is considered to be unlawful and you elect that processing is restricted as oppose to it being deleted.
The right to data portability
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that some of your personal data is provided to you, or to another data controller. Upon receipt of your request, we will comply where it is feasible to do so. Where we are unable to comply with your request due to an exception under the GDPR, we will explain this to you in our response.
Contact If you have any queries about this Policy, the way in which Training and Tutoring Limited processes personal data, or about exercising any of your rights, please send an email to email@example.com or write to Training and Tutoring Limited, 1st Floor, 2 Woodberry Grove, London N12 0DR.
If you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, and we have been unable to resolve your concern, you may lodge a complaint to the applicable supervisory authority or seek a remedy through the courts.
Changes to our Policy Any changes we may make to our Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy.
Our contact details Training and Tutoring Limited, 1st Floor, 2 Woodberry Grove, London N12 0DR Tel: 020 7248 8987 Fax: 020 7248 8850