Human resources are fundamental to all organisations, and therefore it is an area that offers numerous career opportunities. This introductory Human Resources Course looks at best practices in recruiting and selecting employees. It also looks at the keys to training and enhancing your employee’s skills and experience. The course also gives a strong overview of appraisals from an HR and employee perspective. Managerial theories such as the motivation of employees, team working, and the relationship of the staff to management are also addressed.
Human Resources Course
The aim is to cover the main areas of interest in Human Resources and demonstrate its crucial role in the workplace. The two-day course contains the first day, where all of the concepts of human resources are introduced in an interactive discussion. This is then consolidated with day two of practical exercises and work simulations.
What are the gains from this course?
The course provides the learner with a strong understanding of the main principles of Human Resource Management. The course has a practical work simulation that will assist you in applying your acquired knowledge in your professional life. The training is delivered in a virtual classroom.
- The Principles of Human Resource Management
- The Recruitment and Selection of Employees
- The principles of HR Planning
- Training and Professional Development of Employees
- Employee – Management Relations
- Motivation of Employees
- An Overview of Employment Law
- Concepts of HR Compliance
- Managing Employees and coaching them to high performance
- Organisational Culture and fitting in with the culture
- Appraisals and Objectives
- What is Strategic HR and how to work with the Business as an HR Partner
- Practical exercises to replicate processes in the HR department
- Practising methods of Interviewing
- Designing suitable Selection methods for applicants
- Exercise on Orientation and Assimilation of new employees
- Performance Management Scenarios
- The concepts of Succession Planning
- HR Competencies
- HR Record Keeping
Dates and Duration
The course runs from 10:30 to 16:30. It lasts two days. The one-day HR Course can be found here: CLICK HERE
Please see the next start dates at the top of the page.
Who is this course for?
- The course is a great foundation in HR for someone new to the industry
- People working in HR that are seeking formal training to consolidate their knowledge
- People with jobs (such as Projects, PAs, Office Managers or Admin Assistants) who encounter HR functions and would like to consolidate their knowledge
Benefits of the Course
- CPD Accredited Certificate is issued on successful completion
- Delegates gain a recognised qualification in Human Resources to build their CV
- The course covers a wide range of subjects in HR and gains an excellent foundation for progression in HR
- Greater efficiency and delivery in the workplace due to enhanced knowledge and confidence within the HR department
- Options to continue to study HR at higher levels from a sound foundation
CPD Certification on successful completion
The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more.
Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, but they are also often required for certain industries. A CPD-accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.