The Introduction to Corporate Law Course provides an introductory overview and understanding of Corporate Law and related legal processes. You will gain knowledge of related legal terms and an understanding of the key principles of Corporate Law.
Tutor-led class in a virtual classroom. A highly experienced and engaging trainer who has delivered legal and business training in London for over twenty years.
- The nature of a company and formation of a company: limited liability partnerships, benefits of trading as a company, partnership or limited liability partnership.
- The Companies Act 2006
- The Corporate Veil
- Classification of companies
- Formation of registered companies and Registrar of Companies
- Winding up of companies
- The management of a company: directors; the company secretary; the auditor; company registers; the annual return; accounts and accounting records
- Company finance: debentures, funding considerations
- Shareholders and equity: the nature of shares; company meetings; resolutions
- The legal effect of the Articles and Memorandum.
Dates and Duration
The course will run full-time for one day, from 10:30 to 16:30. You can see the next dates on the drop-down at the top of the page.
For group tuition, please get in touch with the centre on 020 7248 8987
Who is it for?
This unique unit, reflecting the importance of the expanding area of corporate law, will be suitable for staff from outside the legal profession and support staff in Legal and Financial firms. To provide a sound foundation-level understanding of the key principles of Corporate Law. Foreign lawyers will find the course useful for understanding UK company legal processes.
This course is compounded with Commercial Law in the Business Law Course.