- To provide a stimulative learning experience delivered to create interest and so greater learning retention.
- To create an understanding in the areas of Commercial and Corporate Law and show how they interrelate.
Course format and timing
- One day workshop with a knowledgeable and experienced course facilitator
- Course will run 10:30 to 16:30 on scheduled day live in online virtual classroom.
Introduction to Business Law Course – CPD Accredited
1. Commercial Law
Explain the background and vitality of commercial law in the modern business environment and how it fits with day to day business
- The formation of a contract: offer and acceptance; consideration; legal intent; capacity.
- The contents of a contract: incorporation of terms; types of terms within a contract; exemption clauses; privity of contract.
- Vitiating factors: duress and undue Influence; misrepresentation; mistake; illegality.
- Discharge and remedies
- Discharge of a contract; remedies/damages
- Consumer protection
- Consumer protection under the law
- Intellectual property: legal concepts of property; copyright; patents; trade marks
2. Corporate Law
Explain the background and vitality of corporate law in the modern business environment and how it fits with day to day business and running a company within the legal boundaries.
- The nature of a company and formation of a company: limited liability partnerships, benefits of trading as a company, partnership or limited liability partnership
- The Companies Act 2006 and subsequent updates
- The Corporate Veil
- Classification of companies
- Formation of registered companies and Registrar of Companies
- Winding up of companies
- The management of a company: directors; the company secretary; the auditor; company registers; the annual return; accounts and accounting records
- Company finance: debentures, funding considerations
- Shareholders and equity: the nature of shares; company meetings; resolutions
- The legal effect of the Articles and Memorandum.
Who is it for?
This is a course those working for companies and for legal support staff who need a general understanding of the legal principles; it is also a useful entrée for foreign lawyers who are looking to understand the UK system and processes
Check the next date up at the top of the page. If you would like to request group bookings or a specific date please let us know.