- To provide a stimulative learning experience delivered to create interest and so greater learning retention in this two day course.
- To create an understanding in the areas of Commercial and Corporate Law and show how they interrelate.
Course format and timing
- Two day workshop with a knowledgeable and experienced course facilitator
- Course will run 10:30 to 16:30 over two days.
A. Commercial Law can be booked as a single day course HERE
Explain the background and vitality of commercial law in the modern business environment and how it fits with day to day business
• The formation of a contract: offer and acceptance; consideration; legal intent; capacity.
• The contents of a contract: incorporation of terms; types of terms within a contract; exemption clauses; privity of contract.
• Vitiating factors: duress and undue Influence; misrepresentation; mistake; illegality.
Discharge and remedies:
• Discharge of a contract; remedies/damages
• Consumer protection under the law
• Intellectual property: legal concepts of property; copyright; patents; trade marks
B. Corporate Law can be booked as a single day course HERE
Explain the background and vitality of corporate law in the modern business environment and how it fits with day to day business and running a company within the legal boundaries.
• The nature of a company and formation of a company: limited liability partnerships, benefits of trading as a company, partnership or limited liability partnership.
• The Companies Act 2006 and subsequent updates
• The Corporate Veil
• Classification of companies
• Formation of registered companies and Registrar of Companies
• Winding up of companies
• The management of a company: directors; the company secretary; the auditor; company registers; the annual return; accounts and accounting records
• Company finance: debentures, funding considerations
• Shareholders and equity: the nature of shares; company meetings; resolutions
• The legal effect of the Articles and Memorandum.
Who is it for?
This is a course those working for companies and for legal support staff who need a general understanding of the legal principles; it is also a useful entrée for foreign lawyers who are looking to understand the UK system and processes
Check out our schedule for the next date