This course provides students with a rounded introduction to office administration support work. This Introduction to Administration Course provides a stepping stone into a first office admin or junior secretary role. It will also help people develop the skills needed to enable them to take our Administration Courses, PA Courses, PA Diploma, Legal Secretarial courses etc.
Introduction to Administration Course
The course consists of a two-day tutor-led virtual classroom course segment for office skills, a typing training course and the Beginner Microsoft Office Certificate. This is then followed by flexi-hours online training to gain the Touch Typing Certificate and the Beginner Microsoft Office Certificate.
- Office skills ( 2 Day Virtual Classroom Training):
- Organisational structures and job roles
- Health and Safety
- The Functions of the Office
- The Duties of a junior secretary, office administrator
- The functions of a Receptionist
- Client care skills
- How to develop Telephone etiquette and procedure
- How to handle mail
- Stock control
- Telephone skills
- Email and email management
- Prioritising and time management
- Proofreading skills
- CV’s and career advice
2. Beginner Level Microsoft Office Certificate (online flexible hours study)
- Beginner Level Microsoft Word
- Beginner Level Microsoft Excel
3. Touch typing Certificate. You must achieve up to 25 wpm (online flexible hours study)
Dates and Duration
The Microsoft training and typing course can be started early if requested. The course has tutor-led virtual classroom sessions for two days and thereafter you may attend on flexi-hours. For your ease, some training can be carried out at home, online.
The course is ideal for people looking for a first job in office administration or secretarial support.
Here are some examples; school leavers, foreign workers looking to train for a first office job in the UK and people with experience in non-clerical work who want to get a new job. Please look at the Administration Course or Administration Diploma, if you feel you would like to study at a more experienced level.
- Provides competence in foundation office skills
- Builds confidence
- Develops the skills for job readiness that are needed for entry into the job market
- Any successful student will receive an automatic £100 credit for another Souters’ course
A CPD Accredited Certificate in Office Administration – Level 2