Medical Administration Diploma Objective
To expand and develop a clear view of the function of a medical administrator, the use of terminology and its structure combined with the meaning of abbreviations related thereto. To build confidence in handling patients, working on letters and reports and in data recording of medical phrases.
The Medical Administration Diploma is the most complete form of training as it incorporates Medical Terminology training, Administration training, Typing Training and three Microsoft Office modules (of your choice).
The Medical Administration Diploma is fully CPD accredited. Souters is an experienced training provider for the NHS Trusts.
There is a three day course that is held in our London accredited training centre. The one day module in Medical Terminology is delivered by a qualified Doctor. We have a two day Administration course that is delivered in a practical workshop environment. The remainder of the training in Microsoft Office and Typing is to be done on a flexi-hours basis. You have up to three months to complete this training. It can be done online or at our training centre.
Our training centre has ongoing experience of providing training to the NHS directly. Our tutors have a wealth of experience in Medical Office Admin Training.
Medical Terminology Module
- Outline of the role of a medical administrator/secretary and identify areas where the role differs from other secretarial jobs.
- Interpret the meanings of a variety of medical terms by breaking words down into component parts, suffixes and prefixes.
- Understand the structure of medical words.
- Expanding some common abbreviations.
- Feel more confident in communicating with patients, preparing letters and reports and in recording data.
- The structure of an organisation
- Duties of a Admin and the job role
- Health and Safety in the office
- Emails and email management
- Briefing of Office, Secretarial and Admin function
- The purpose of the Office
- Structure of Departments and Organisational structures
- Mail management
- Stationery – Stock Control
- Telephone etiquette and procedure
- Client care skills
- CV and Career Advice
- Touch Typing
Microsoft Office Modules
- Microsoft Word
- Your choice of two other Microsoft Office Modules (Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook)
“All of it was important as all can be applied in my current role. Very interesting and fun course- well structured”. Amanda K.
Dates and Duration
The Diploma includes the Medical Administration Course which is delivered over 3 days. This is then followed by flexi-learning on the typing and Microsoft Office modules of up to 3 months.
- Certification on completion of the course
- CPD Accreditation to build your CV
- A wide range of technical skills for a career in Medical Administration
- IT skills for Administrative jobs and certification in each program
- Job skills and confidence to build a successful career