The Medical Administration Diploma aims to expand and develop a clear view of the function of a medical administrator, the use of terminology and its structure combined with the meaning of abbreviations related thereto. To build confidence in handling patients, working on letters and reports and in data recording of medical phrases.
The Medical Administration Diploma is the most complete form of training as it incorporates Medical Terminology training, Administration training, Typing Training and three Microsoft Office modules (of your choice).
Online Medical Administration Diploma
The Diploma is fully CPD accredited. Souters is an experienced training provider for the NHS Trusts.
There is an interactive online Medical Terminology module that is designed by an expert trainer, with years of teaching experience in the NHS. The final module is an online interactive Microsoft Office Diploma for a Medical Administrator. You have up to three months to complete the Diploma.
Our training centre has ongoing experience of providing training to the NHS directly. Our tutors have a wealth of experience in Medical Office Admin Training.
Medical Terminology Module
- Outline the role of a medical administrator/secretary and identify areas where the role differs from other secretarial jobs.
- Interpret the meanings of a variety of medical terms by breaking words down into component parts, suffixes and prefixes.
- Understand the structure of medical words.
- Expanding some common abbreviations.
- Feel more confident in communicating with patients, preparing letters and reports and recording data.
- The structure of an organisation
- Duties of an Admin and the job role
- Health and Safety in the office
- Emails and email management
- Briefing of Office, Secretarial and Admin function
- The purpose of the Office
- Structure of Departments and Organisational structures
- Mail management
- Stationery – Stock Control
- Telephone etiquette and procedure
- Client care skills
- CV and Career Advice
- Touch Typing
Microsoft Office Diploma for a Medical Administrator
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Office 365
“All of it was important as all can be applied in my current role. Very interesting and fun course- well structured”. Amanda K.
Dates and Duration
The Diploma includes the online Administration Course. This is then followed by flexi-learning for Medical Terminology, Typing and Microsoft Office modules of up to 3 months.
- Certification on completion of the course
- CPD Accreditation to build your CV
- A wide range of technical skills for a career in Medical Administration or Secretarial.
- MS Office skills for Administrative jobs
- Job skills and confidence to build a successful career