“Fantastic! Makes you think and realise that you can do it! Learnt new processes and good knowledge. Now just need to put it into practise. Very good strategies! Thanks”. K Williams. P.A. BMW.
This is a comprehensive Diploma Programme aimed at providing a broad range of all the necessary functional skills with the added elements of management technique for organisational effectiveness.
This is a programme which combines highly interactive classroom sessions with state of the art IT and typing related training some of which can be accessed from the home or office. For added effectiveness, Advanced Microsoft training is also incorporated into this Programme to enable students to progress swiftly onto more senior PA roles.
This programme consists of an amalgamation of our courses. Detailed content information is available at individual links as available in the text below. This programme encompasses the full range of underlying skills provided by our comprehensive Secretary / PA Diploma, combined with the more advanced skills and essential management techniques offered in our Executive PA course plus advanced Microsoft Office Training and Typing skills and Audio Training.
Core content of training courses in this Executive PA Diploma as follows:
PA/Secretary Course — Live tutor
- Job functions of a PA/Secretary
- Diary Management
- Business Letter Writing foundation
- CV Development
- Composing Faxes, Memorandums and E-mails
- Telephone skills
- Making Travel/Hotel Arrangements
- Filing Systems
- Time Management
- Invoicing/Petty cash
- Client Care
- Complaint Handling
- Work Planning
- Document Presentation and proofreading
- Confidence building
- Typing and audio skills to proficient level or further if you already touch type
+ MS Office three products to proficient level plus two to advanced. Choose from 2010,2013 or 2016 versions of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access or MS Outlook
Executive PA course–Live tutor
On the job
- Transition from PA to Executive PA or EA
- Business letter writing for Exec PA’s
- Document presentation and proofreading
- How to take a lead role in meetings
- Tips on taking of minutes
- Audio transcription practice (optional)
- Typing enhancement (optional)
- Confidence building to deal with executive level environments
- Synchronising your role with that of your executive
- Setting priorities, managing your role / career to meet executive’s needs
- Delegation, multi-tasking effectively, taking initiative
- Introduction to Management theory
- Styles of management
- Relationship with your executive/s; how can you provide effective support
- Effective communication skills
- Understanding verbal and non-verbal communication
- Different questioning styles; how to use questions effectively
- Office politics – how to handle this
- Explanation of the role of social media in the modern executive arena
- Overview of Project Management and Event Management for EA’s
- Communicating and negotiating, win-win solutions; this can be internal or external
- Human resources – EA as interface with this function
Developing relationships throughout the organisation
- Understanding other people at work; what do they really think?
- Understanding how to handle stakeholders and their importance to your role
- Passive vs aggressive vs assertive
- Saying “no” is sometimes necessary
- Take control of your career and advance your career with a clear plan
- Build your map for the future.
Ali Wilde completed an Executive PA Diploma Programme; this is what she said about two of the courses:
PA/Secretary Course: I attended this course to refresh and enhance my PA skills. It was an intense week of classroom style learning, together with practical typing tasks. The tutor was competent and delivered the training extremely effectively. I will definitely be able to apply the skills I have learnt in my PA role.
Executive PA Course: A brilliant course, which has inspired me to carry out my PA role with enthusiasm and confidence. Course content was excellent, covering many skills that any PA would be able to put into practice in an office environment. It was delivered by competent tutors in a classroom environment.
You need a good secondary education plus keyboard skills.
This full programme is suitable for a variety of people such as:
- People aspiring to progress to more senior PA or Executive Assistant roles
- People from other sectors looking for a career change
- Company employees looking for related training
CPD Certification on successful completion
The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more.
Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, they are often required for certain industries. A CPD accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.