This practical Project Management for an Executive Assistant Course aims to give the Executive PA, PA, Office Manager or Project Assistant the knowledge required to work effectively within a project team and manage their projects.
Project Management for an Executive Assistant Course
Virtual Classroom format training courses that are led by an experienced projects trainer, with a high level of interactive and practical exercises to create confidence when applying in the workplace.
- An overview of key project management models and their associated terminologies
- What is Project Management
- The Project Lifecycle model
- What makes a Project fail or succeed
- Project Management Constraints
- Planning a project and the associated models
- The optimal mix of soft skills required by a Project Manager
- Skills and experience of a good PM
- The Project Team
- Why is the skillset of an Executive PA and Office Manager ideal for Project Management
- Managing time and resources constraints
- Case studies of real-life project situations and how to deal with them.
- An overview of PRINCE2
- An Overview of Project Management IT Software
- Closing off and Post completion of the audit
- Controlling and Executing a Project
- Defining and researching the project; SWOT, Cost-Benefit Analysis and Objectives
- Using Gantt Charts, Critical Path Analysis and other methods to present project progress, monitor and control.
- In-depth review of Project Lifecycle
- Risk Management Strategies
- Critical Success factors
- Project constraints
Dates and Duration
The Course is held in a virtual classroom from 10:30 to 16:30 over two days. It can be booked at the venue of the client for group bookings. We offer a one-day version of the course: CLICK HERE.
You can see the next course start dates in the drop-down menu above.
Who is it for?
Practical Project Management for PAs is aimed at Personal Assistants, Executive Assistants, Office Managers and Project Assistants who already, or in the future, will be involved in planning and organising projects.
Delegates will clearly understand how best to maximise the numerous transferable skills from their careers as PAs, EAs or Office Managers. This will increase the confidence base of the course participants to work efficiently on Projects successfully.
A mix of soft and technical project skills will be gained to enable delegates to work effectively in a Project environment. The course is highly practical and focuses on working in a real-world situation, which is a stark contrast to other Project courses that primarily focus on terminologies and models.
- A clear understanding of the key transferrable skills of an EA, PA or Office Manager
- The advice on how to redesign your CV to meet Project requirements from EA, PA and Office Manager profiles
- An overview of the key skills (technical and soft skills) needed to move into Projects
- Learn the project terminologies.
- An overview of key Project Management Models (including the Project Lifecycle, PRINCE 2, 7S Model, 6C Model and more).
- A good understanding of pressures and constraints that impact Project Management and how to cope with these aspects of the industry.
- The importance of planning control and appropriate soft skills will be demonstrated throughout the course.
- A good understanding of methods of planning
- Practical exercises on planning and feasibility analyses.
- The mix of technical skills, project-specific knowledge, and people skills training will leave participants far more confident and job-ready in the future.
IEAA Certification on successful completion
The course is certified by the IEAA and you will receive an IEAA Accredited Certificate in Project Management for an Executive Assistant.