The Legal PA Diploma combines Legal, Microsoft Office and PA skills training, into one Diploma, giving you the best of both worlds and multiplying your opportunity to gain a rewarding job. This complete mix of skills represents the Level 4 qualification of the ACLS.
- To provide a comprehensive legal secretarial/PA training program
- To provide a range of Souters’ PA training combined with our Legal Secretarial training, Microsoft Office and Typing training
- Boost students’ career options
- Gain a professional qualification
- Gain an ACLS Accredited Certification as a Certified Legal PA
Legal PA Diploma
- The online Legal Secretarial Course can be taken either full-time or part-time with practical exercises and assessments.
- The PA Course element is either full-time or part-time and has a mix of live virtual tuition format, with practical exercises and an assessment. This course is delivered in a live virtual classroom, but online options are available.
- The online MS Office and Typing Courses can be completed in 6 months and end with a final assessment in each unit. This is delivered using an online interactive training system provided by a Microsoft Academy.
Accredited Legal PA Training
The Diploma components are:
Virtual Classroom delivered by experienced PA trainer and be taken on a flexible basis or on a fixed date.
- Job functions of a PA
- Diary Management
- Business Letter Writing foundation
- CV Development
- Composing Faxes, Memorandums and E-mails
- Telephone skills
- Making Travel/Hotel Arrangements
- Filing Systems
- Time Management
- Invoicing/Petty cash
- Client Care
- Complaint Handling
- Work Planning
- Document Presentation and proofreading
- Confidence building
- Organising meetings
An online course that can be taken on a flexible basis
- The work of a Legal Secretary
- Barristers v Solicitors
- Magic Circle v High Street Firms
- Introduction to Law – The Background and history of Law.
- Legal Word Processing + Introduction to Layout of Templates – main documentation within departments
- Criminal Litigation all main processes (e.g. Witness Statements, Police + CPS + Courts and Procedure).
- Preparation of Legal Documents
- Civil Litigation – all main processes (e.g. Claim Form & Particulars of Claim, Defences etc.)
- Business Law- all main processes (e.g. Companies House online filing + explanation of Contract templates and precedents)
- Family Law all main processes (e.g. Divorce Petitions + Wills and Probate etc.)
- Audio Transcription
- Text production
Online interactive training provided by a Microsoft Academy. This can be started at any time and has a flexible training schedule.
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Office365
4. Typing and Audio
- Typing and audio skills to proficient level or further if you already touch type
- Typing Training, if you are already touch typing certification is available
- Audio training
- Specialised legal audio transcription
Instalment payments are possible
Dates and Duration
We advise that learners should either start the PA module or the Microsoft Office modules first. Microsoft Office can be started on any date and PA course start dates can be found on the course page as a drop-down option CLICK HERE
- A good level of secondary education or higher is ideal
- There are no specific requirements, as this programme combines PA and Legal secretarial training. It is the most comprehensive training.
- If you have doubts, please contact our office (firstname.lastname@example.org) about your suitability.
- The main segment of the course is taught by expert tutors in live virtual classrooms
- ACLS Certification is issued as a Certified Legal PA on completion
- CV and Job options are boosted with an ACLS and CPD Accredited qualification
- With professional qualifications gained, you will become a certified Legal PA of the ACLS.
- Accredited Certificates as a Legal PA, Legal Secretary, PA, Microsoft Office and Typing available
- Our centre is a Microsoft Certified Academy, so we can offer a widely recognised Certification in Microsoft Office
- Our Courses have experienced and qualified tutors using theory and practical exercise, which will ensure job readiness