Background to the Qualification and Course
Souters has provided legal training continuously since 1988. Our centre based training is delivered in a classroom environment by qualified lawyers; the Online training is based on this and supervised by the same lawyers. We have been actively working in conjunction with a major City firm to redesign legal secretarial training to the modern legal industry’s context. Anyone who prefers to take the Classroom version of this course CLICK HERE.
- To provide the knowledge and practical skills for complete job readiness as a Legal Secretary. To provide a good basic understanding of the main legal system and the role of a Legal Secretary within the modern commercial environment.
- To provide a Legal Secretarial Course tailor made to enable those who are aiming at entry into the legal secretarial job market or those recently employed and looking to consolidate their skills.
- To provide a ACLS Legal Secretary Level 3 Certificate to assist entry into the legal job market.
Online Legal Secretary Course Content
- The work of a Legal Secretary
- Barristers v Solicitors
- Magic Circle v High Street Firms
- Introduction to Law
- Police + CPS + Courts and Procedure(s)
- Legal Word Processing + Introduction to Layout of Templates – main documentation within department
- Criminal Litigation + Witness Statements + Backsheets
- Legal Documents
Civil Litigation + N1 Claim Form + Particulars of Claim + Defences
- Business Law + IN01 + Contracts
- Family Law + Homework + Petitions + Wills/Clauses
- Audio Transcription
- More text production
“Really enjoyed this course and will recommend. A very good practical course for anyone already working in the legal sector or for experienced office staff looking to join”.
Dates and Duration
This is flexible schedule course that is delivered Online. You can start at any time.
Good general level of education with good written and spoken English. Established skills in Microsoft Word are ideal (but can be taken as a supplement if needed). Quality general secretarial background is ideal before starting this course. If you need to develop these skills, we can arrange training for you.
Who is it for?
- People looking to become Legal Secretaries
- People who need Legal Secretarial qualification on their CV to get a job in Legal
- Legal Secretaries who need a qualification
- Legal Secretaries looking to gain skills and higher levels of performance at work
- Supported by tutors who are Legal Professionals
- Designed by Legal Professionals who have worked in conjunction with large London law firms to make the training course truly market focused.
- Professional qualification
- CPD Certificate as a Legal Secretary
- Develop your CV and Job Options
- Well established training college with recognised course certification and diplomas.
Legal Secretary Certification at Level 3. Become a Certified Legal Secretary of the ACLS.
ACLS Certification on successful completion
Souters Legal Secretary Courses are also certified by the CPD (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more.Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, they are often required for certain industries. A CPD accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.