Souters has provided legal training continuously since 1988. We have trained Legal Secretaries for several decades and many top law firms across the globe have Souters trained Legal Secretaries. This online training is based on this and supervised by our expert Legal Secretary training team. We have been actively working in conjunction with a major City firm to redesign legal secretarial training in the modern legal industry’s context.
Our Legal Secretary Course provides the knowledge and practical skills for complete job readiness as a Legal Secretary. Learners will gain a good understanding of the legal system and the role of a Legal Secretary within the modern commercial environment. We provide a Legal Secretarial Course that will enable those aiming at a legal secretarial job or those recently employed and looking to consolidate their skills and knowledge.
Successful completion will lead to an ACLS Legal Secretary Level 3 Certificate to build your CV.
Online Legal Secretary Course Content
- The work of a Legal Secretary
- Barristers v Solicitors
- Other legal professionals
- Magic Circle v High Street Firms
- Introduction to the Law – knowledge-based introduction to English Law and its history
- Legal Word Processing + Introduction to using templates – main documentation within each main department
- Criminal Litigation all main processes (e.g. Witness Statements, Police + CPS + Courts and procedures etc.)
- Civil Litigation – all main processes ( e.g. Claim Form + Particulars of Claim + Defences etc)
- Business Law -all main processes (e.g. Companies House online filing, Contract templates and precedents etc) explained
- Family Law -all main processes ( e.g. Divorce Petitions + Wills etc.)
- Audio Transcription ( based on real-life simulated transcripts).
- Text production
“Really enjoyed this course and will recommend. A very good practical course for anyone already working in the legal sector or for experienced office staff looking to join”.
Dates and Duration
This is a flexible schedule course that is delivered Online. You can start at any time.
Good general level of education with good written and spoken English. Established skills in Microsoft Word are ideal (but you can take MS Word training as a supplement if required). General PA or secretarial experience is ideal for this course. If you need to develop these skills you may want to consider our more comprehensive Legal PA Diploma CLICK HERE
Who is it for?
- People looking to become Legal Secretaries
- People who need Legal Secretarial qualification on their CV to get a job in the Legal field
- Legal Secretaries who need a qualification
- Legal Secretaries looking to gain skills and higher levels of performance at work
- Supported by tutors who are experienced in the legal workplace.
- Designed by Professionals who have worked in conjunction with large London law firms to make the training course market focused.
- Professional qualification
- Develop your CV and Job Options
- Well established training college with recognised course certification and diplomas.
Legal Secretary Certification at Level 3. Become a Certified Legal Secretary of the ACLS.
ACLS Certification on successful completion
Souters Legal Secretary Courses are also certified by CPD Standards (Continuing Professional Development) which is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more. Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, but they are also often required for certain industries. A CPD accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.