Our Executive PA Course provides the delegate with a sound knowledge base and practical ability to perform effectively in an Executive PA or Executive Assistant role. The course is designed for full job readiness so that course graduates can move directly into suitable Executive PA or EA roles.
Executive PA Course
The main Executive PA Course is live and tutor-led in a virtual classroom environment. There is an executive training tutor. Practical examples and interactive sessions.
This course is a component unit of the overall Level 4 Executive PA Diploma and the Level 5 Executive Assistant Diploma. It can be taken alone to achieve a course certificate or as a part of the Diploma. You can find out more about the IEAA Executive Assistant Qualifications here.
On the job
- The transition from PA to Executive PA or EA
- Business letter writing for Exec PAs
- Executive Level Document presentation
- How to take a lead role in meetings
- Tips on taking minutes
- Confidence building to deal with executive-level environments
- Synchronising your role with that of your executive
- Setting priorities, managing your role/career to meet executive’s needs
- Delegation, multi-tasking effectively, taking initiative
- Introduction to Management Theory
- Styles of management
- Relationship with your executive/s: how can you provide adequate support
- Effective communication skills
- Understanding verbal and non-verbal communication
- Different questioning styles; how to use questions effectively
- Office politics – how to handle this
- Explanation of the role of social media in the modern executive arena
- Overview of Project Management and Event Management for EA’s
- Communicating and negotiating win-win solutions; this can be internal or external
- Human resources – EA as an interface with this function
Developing relationships throughout the organisation
- Understanding other people at work: what do they think?
- Understanding how to handle stakeholders and their importance to your role
- Passive vs aggressive vs assertive
- Saying “no” is sometimes necessary
- Take control of your career and advance your career with a clear plan
- Build your map for the future.
“I feel very pleased with the content of the course and what was packed into three days. I feel the quality of the teaching and information was up-to-date, inspired debate; I thought the exercises/discussion were challenging. I feel Souters has been caring, considerate and very professional. I feel more confident about my skills and about approaching the job market as a result of the training I have received there.” EA or Executive PA delegate.
“Tutor gets involved in the discussion, nothing is too much trouble to ask or sounds silly, good explanations with examples, enjoys talking to students”. S Holroyd. EA to CEO.
“I really liked how clear everything was; there was good interaction with other students and tutors”. L Kempenaar.
“I liked it most how the course has shown me what I am currently doing right and what I am not yet doing properly. The location is excellent”. C Hull.
“Super pace, engaging and informative”.
Dates and Duration
The course runs over three full days from 10:30 to 16:30.
Dates are in the drop-down area in the booking part at the top of this page.
This course is suitable for a variety of people, such as:
- Existing PAs or administrative professionals looking to upgrade their skills and obtain certification
- Experienced people from other sectors looking for a career change
- Company employees looking for related training
- Graduates of the Level 3 PA course or similar level of training course.
Our Executive PA Advanced Performance course and its follow-on course are for people already in a senior PA role, either nationally or internationally.
You need some relevant PA/EA experience. Please send in your CV to see if this course suits you. If you do not have these, it may be that the PA course will be needed before taking this course. The Executive PA Diploma includes the latter course if you need a full range of training. You can get advice on this from the centre.
- If you wish for an overall Diploma, consider the Executive PA Diploma Programme (exemptions may be applied for).
- IEAA Accredited – Level 4 Executive PA Course Certificate upon successful completion.
- Internationally recognised in-house training provider
- Greater technical competence and comprehension of the requirements of an EA
- High job readiness on completion of the course
- Assistance with job hunting
- Confidence building through the development of in-depth skills
- Understand the management process and how to perform at executive levels
- Soft skills training for EAs included with this course
- Techniques to stay ahead in your field and manage your development
Additionally, all of our courses are CPD accredited. CPD Standards confirm training quality and professional skills development. The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more.
Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, but they are also often required for certain industries. A CPD-accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.