How to Get an Event Management Job in London
Firstly Event Management has a number of job titles that are commonly found in the industry. Here are some of the common Event Management Jobs that you may find when searching for a job in Events:
- Events Managers
- Events Coordinators
- Events Assistants
- Events Planners
- Events Administrators
The area has grown significantly and the main areas of employments are Corporate Events, Conferences, Exhibitions and Trade Fairs. It is always good to check that you chose an industry that is a growth areas when you are looking for a job.
The jobs listed above vary in seniority but all of them share a common skill set that is required. It is also the case that we should all focus on the highest level, Event Managers, skills if we want to one day be a successful Event Manager.
What Skills do I need to be a Success in Event Management Jobs?
- Communications Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Teamworking Skills
- Coordinating Skills
- Good IT Skills, esp in Excel and PowerPoint
- An Event Management Qualification
- Specific Event Management Skills
- Knowledge of
- Marketing Skills to promote your Event
- Budgeting Skills
- Knowledge of Finance
This is quite a long list of skills that are desired by most employers, but it is a career that is very demanding in terms of the range of skills required. However, the range of skills required reflects that the job is always changing and it is difficult to get bored in this environment.
Why should I want to work in Event Management?
- Good pay potential
- Variable workloads
- Everyday is changing, it is not a job where you do the same thing everyday
- Flexi-hours options are available
- Skills similar to Project Management, so opportunities to develop into high earning Project Manager
- Exciting Events and meeting many different people
- Opportunity to start your own business in Event Management
These are just some of the benefits to a career in Events. If you would like to move into Events or you are already in Events and need training please consider our Introduction to Event Management and our Events Assistant Courses. Both of the courses are CPD Accredited.