Our Accredited PA Diploma delivers PA training and MS Office training. This mixture is the ideal mix of skills needed to be a successful PA. The Diploma combines the PA Certificate Course with the Microsoft Office Diploma for a PA.
The PA Diploma contains several parts:
- PA Course: tutor-led and practically focused in a virtual classroom. This focuses on the wide range of PA skills needed
- Microsoft Office Diploma for a PA: certification in four MS Office subjects delivered by a state of the art interactive online course using live server technology.
- Touch typing: online training course
- Audio transcription training: optional for delegates who would like to add this skill
There is an assessment at the end of the PA Course and for all technical units (e.g. MS Office, typing etc.). The PA Diploma develops real practical ability and job readiness to perform effectively in a PA Role.
The Diploma components are:
- Accredited PA Course for detailed course content see below
- Microsoft Office Diploma for a PA
- MS Word to Proficient Level
- MS Outlook to Proficient Level
- MS PowerPoint to Proficient Level
- MS Excel to Proficient Level
- Typing Certificate for a PA
- Audio training. (Audio typing is included in the fee but it is optional).
- Beginner training if requested and is only advisable to people who have no prior office work experience.
PA training course (Virtual Classroom delivered by Live Tutor)
- Job functions of a PA
- Diary Management
- Business Writing and Communication foundation
- CV Development
- Composing E-mails, Memos etc.
- Telephone skills
- Making Travel/Hotel Arrangements
- Filing Systems
- Time Management
- Invoicing/Petty cash
- Client Care
- Complaint Handling
- Work Planning
- E-mail and Document Presentation and proofreading
- Confidence building
- Typing and audio skills to proficient level or further if you already touch-type
- Organising meetings
Once all elements are completed a full range of certificates will be issued together with the overriding Diploma itself. Your tutor will also provide guidance on CVs and interview techniques to help you get your first job.
DOWNLOAD printable information on this course.
“Much of her work uses in-house computer software and she makes extensive use of MS Office, especially Word and Excel. Thanks to her training with you she has coped well with the IT requirements and is able to concentrate on the needs and disciplines of the business.” Peter Evans. His granddaughter successfully completed the PA Diploma and is now working.
“Hi, I just wanted to mention that I got a job! I’m working as a personal assistant at a music production company specialising in advertisement and TV background music for the BBC. Thank you so much for everything you’ve taught me, it has been very helpful and my boss has been very impressed with the things that I know. Already he trusts me to handle the business correspondence for the company. Thank you again for all your support.” – Ran
“This course is retraining me and enhancing my skills.”
Dates and Duration
Please refer to the schedule for start dates or check date options on this page.
The PA Course runs full-time for one week or by flexible study mode. All courses have a live tutor involved and end with a practical assessment.
The Touch Typing Course is flexible and can be completed in-house and at home; students have six months to reach the pass standard for certification (40 words per minute). Access to the Typing Course system is available for one year.
The Microsoft Office Training needs to be completed within six months from commencement, which is normally after the end of the PA Course. Assessments are online. Access to the Microsoft Training system is available for one year in case you need to access it when in the workplace.
A good secondary level of education and at least some office or clerical experience. If in doubt, please ask us and we can advise your best path. There is an Introduction Level PA Course if you feel that you need more foundation level training, before commencing a more advanced course.
- Tutor-led virtual classroom training for the PA Course
- Internationally recognised professional qualification
- Microsoft Office training to ensure that you have the up to date Microsoft skills needed for a PA career. All Microsoft training is delivered by a London based Microsoft Academy
- Achieve job readiness upon completion of the course
- Assistance with job hunting and improving your CV
- Confidence building through the development of in-depth skills.
After successful completion:
- CPD Accredited PA Diploma
- IEAA accreditation
- Microsoft Office Diploma for a PA
- Typing Certification
- Audio Certification (optional)
CPD Certification on successful completion
The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more.
Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, but they are also often required for certain industries. A CPD accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.