The one-day Minute Taking Course provides you with a systematic and technical approach to the taking of minutes at meetings; an explanation of the theory and practical workshops are provided to help cement your knowledge.
Minute Taking Course in Virtual Classroom
The course develops the skills needed to understand and research the subject(s) of a meeting, identify the key points and record accurately; to prepare and deliver notes which are to the point and clearly understandable; to create the necessary templates for formal minute preparation (templates provided on course).
The Course is a one day workshop. It is highly interactive and will combine some tutor-led instructions with numerous practical examples. The course is delivered in a live Virtual Classroom environment.
- Types of minutes and writing styles available.
- Chairperson’s duties and responsibilities of the minute taker.
- Establishing good working rapport with the Chair.
- Creating an agenda – where to start and what other people will expect.
- Practical application of the agenda.
- Note-taking – practical exercises; Sorting information effectively and knowing what is important.
- What is a good set of minutes; Re-writing poor minutes; Bad minutes – feedback session.
- Overcoming the passive voice; correct tone and professional language; questions and answers with our experienced trainer.
This course is often bought by prestigious companies with a specific need to develop staff skills in this area.
Excellent session, well run, very informative trainer. Easy to read, easy to find and well-maintained materials”. Z Simpson. EA at Barclays Head Office.
Dates and Duration
One day full-time intensive live virtual workshop. See date options in drop down above.
The Minute Taking Courses are CPD Accredited, which means that a professional qualification in Minute Taking is issued from the CPD Standards Institute on completion.
- A clear understanding of the minute-taker’s role.
- A checklist of what should be included in minutes; accurate, brief and clear minutes.
- Understanding the important dynamics between the minute-taker and the chair.
- Listening techniques to enhance concentration
- CPD Certificate for Minute Taking
- Gain a professional qualification to build your career