To provide an intense exposure to the varied skills needed by an office manager in a modern workplace. To provide confidence and the ability to perform efficiently within your organisation.
Face to face three day course with live virtual tutors giving a mixture of theory, interactive sessions and practical exercises.
The course comprises a mixture of theory, interactive sessions and practical exercises.
The key functions of an Office Manager
- Understand why your role is important.
- Key duties and skills
- What is an Office Manager? The role defined.
Knowledge of related functional areas
- HR (Human Resources) functions and activities- induction process
- Project management and planning - an overview.
- Health and Safety for Office Managers
- Facilities and premises management
- Budgeting and finance
- Why are objectives important?
- How to set objectives for your team
- How to co-ordinate with higher level objectives
- Learn the finer points on why effective communication is so important; become an effective communicator and leader
- Learn the importance of assertiveness in performing your role
- Assertive versus Passive behaviour
Confidence building – get your own “can do” mindset!
- How to build your self-confidence and become a more effective performer and leader
- Lead through example
- Learn how to spread this confidence into the wider team
- Negotiate effectively
- Get the most out of your budget
- Decision making techniques
- Problem solving
- Developing and recording new office procedures for streamlining and efficiency
- Manage stress in yourself and the team
- Effective conflict management
Leadership - Be a great team leader; discover how your team can reward you.
- Delegation and supervision
- Team working and leadership
- Motivation- how to find the magic touch
- Importance and application of objectives in team and group dynamics
- Working well with colleagues
- Coaching as a tool
Managing time – get your priorities right and stay on top of your role.
- Time management
- Organising the team
The importance of the client
- Why are customers so important
- How to keep this in focus
- Complaint handling
Your future career
- Career Development plan
“The most effective learning course I’ve ever been on”.
Dates and Duration
Three day course 10:30 to 16:30 If booked as a Diploma additionl flexi time trainingand access to our resource for one year
Please refer to the schedule for start dates.
Support staff looking to become a supervisor or office manager; existing office managers looking to enhance on the job performance and knowledge/skill base.
A good level of secondary education.
- Job readiness
- Increase in confidence
- Expand skill set
- CPD accreditation
Improved employability and confidence on the job.
CPD Certification on successful completion
The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more.
Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, they are often required for certain industries. A CPD accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.
Office Manager Course
- Product Code: 57
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £699.00