To enable persons with an already developed ability in English to improve to a point where they feel both competent and confident in more complex commercial situations.
This is a intense three day time format allowing overseas visitors to visit the UK on a short term basis to gain English Language capability and for those in the UK to enhance skills in a short time frame. As a workshop, there is no absolute structure for the training because a variety of simulated business scenarios will be created and the tutor will work through the necessary documents and related language on a one by one basis; the nature of these sessions is quite intense so that the course timing is planned for 10:30 to 16:30 daily so that the exercise retains high concentration levels.
Evident ability in English, both written and spoken.
By the end of the course students will be able to work effectively in non-routine business situations including managerial and executive roles. In particular, students will be able to:
- Understand data presented in different styles and media including news bulletins
- Analyse and summarise data and prepare recommendations
- Participate in conversations, meetings, discussions, seminars and negotiations in complex non-routine business situations
- Give clear detailed oral descriptions and presentations on complex subjects, including products and services in appropriate styles
- Write complex English using formats that are current and common in business communications including letters, emails and memos. In addition students will prepare the agenda for, and produce the minutes of, business meetings