This practical project management course aims to give the Executive PA, PA, Office Manager, Senior Secretary or Project Assistant the knowledge required to work effectively within a project team and/or manage their own projects.
Classroom format workshop, with a high level of interactive and practical exercises to create confidence when applying in the workplace.
- An overview of key project management models and their associated terminologies
- What is Project Management
- The Project Lifecycle model
- Planning a project and the associated models
- The optimal mix of soft skills required by a Project Manager
- Skills and experience of a good PM
- The Project Team
- Why is the skillset of an Executive PA and Office Manager ideal for Project Management
- Managing time and resources constraints
- Case studies of real life project situation and how to deal with them.
- An overview of PRINCE2
- An overview of Project Management IT software
- Closing off and Post completion audit
- Controlling and Executing a Project
- Defining and researching the project; SWOT, Cost Benefit Analysis and Objectives
- Using Gantt Charts, Critical Path Analysis and other methods to present project progress, monitor and control.
- In depth review of Project Lifecycle
- Risk Management
- Project constraints
DOWNLOAD printable information on this course.
Dates and Duration
The Course can be held in our centre from 10:30 to 16:30 over two days or at the venue of the client on group bookings.
Please refer to the schedule for start dates.
Who is it for?
Practical Project Management for PAs, is aimed at Personal Assistants, Executive Assistants, Office Managers and Project Assistants who already, or in the future, will be involved in planning and organising projects.
Delegates will gain a clear understanding of how best to maximise the numerous transferable skills from their careers as PAs, EAs or Office Managers. This will increase the confidence base of the course participants, in order to successfully work efficiently in Projects.
A mix of soft skills and technical project skills will be gained in order to enable delegates to work effectively in a Project environment. The course is highly practical and focuses on how to work in a real world situation, which is a stark contrast to other Project courses that focus on terminologies and models primarily.
- A clear understanding of the key transferrable skills of an EA, PA or Office Manager
- Advice of how to redesign your CV to meet Project requirements from EA, PA and Office Manager profiles
- An overview of the key skills (technical and soft skills) needed to move into Projects
- Learn the project terminologies
- An overview of key Project Management Models (including the Project Lifecycle, PRINCE 2, 7S Model, 6C Model and more).
- A good understanding of pressures and constraints that impact Project Management and how to cope with these aspects of the industry.
- The importance of planning control and the use of appropriate soft skills will be demonstrated throughout the course.
- A good understanding of methods of planning
- Practical exercises on planning and feasibility analyses.
- The mix of technical skills, project specific knowledge and people skills training will leave participants far more confident and job ready in the future.
CPD Certification on successful completion
The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more.
Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, they are often required for certain industries. A CPD accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.
Project Management for PA Course - 2 day workshop
- Product Code: 71
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £499.00