Budgeting Course that provides a fast track understanding of the budgeting process and how to create, monitor and control a budget.
The course is designed and delivered in a virtual classroom by an experienced Chartered Accountant and Financial Analyst. All trainers use the same training material as in our live classroom in London and they are experienced trainers in Finance.
It is interactive and encourages learning through practical exercises.
- Define a budget
- Cost budgets
- Financial Terminologies
- Define each element: Income vs expenditure, capital expenditure, cash flow forecasts etc.
- Developing budgets for profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- The principles of budgets
- What are the benefits of a good budget practice
- Different types of budgets and varying styles
- Practical exercise defining and preparing profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- Coordinating and bringing your budget together
- Planning and preparation of your budget
- Accounting adjustments to be aware of; stock, accruals, prepayments etc.
- Ascertain expenditure and variances
- Explaining variances
- Cash flow and working capital cycles
- Profit margin ratios
- How to forecast financing cost
- How to forecast cash-flow
- Justifying your business reason for the budget
DOWNLOAD printable information on this course.
The next course start date can be found at the top of the page. The course runs from 10:30 to 16:30 for one day.
You can also refer to the schedule for start dates.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is ideal for someone whose job involves managing a budget. It does not assume a background in Finance, so people from outside of Finance and people who work in Finance can both find this course beneficial.
Budgeting Course Benefits
- CPD Accredited course with CPD Certificates offered upon completion
- Learn a variety of Budgeting terminologies
- Gain awareness and guidance of Budgeting methodologies
- Understand the business importance of the Budget you are working on
- Use practical exercise to gain the confidence needed to work on Budgets at work