Introduction to Administration and PA Careers – Level 2 Course
This course provides students with a rounded introduction into office administration and secretarial support work.
To provide a stepping stone into a first office admin or junior secretary role. It will also help people develop the skills needed to enable them to take our Administration Courses, Secretary PA Courses, Secretary PA Diploma, Legal Secretarial courses etc.
Consists of a two-day tutor led course segment which is then followed by supervision and assistance over a one month period, which is flexi-time to suit your schedule.
- Organisational structures and job roles
- Health and Safety
- The Functions of the Office
- The Duties of a junior secretary, office administrator
- The functions of a Receptionist
- Client care skills
- How to develop Telephone etiquette and procedure
- How to handle mail
- Stock control
- Telephone skills
- Email and email management
- Prioritising and time management
- Proofreading skills
- CV’s and career advice
- MS Office training as explained below
- Touch typing up to 25 wpm
Beginner training in MS Word, which is compulsory, and your choice of one of MS PowerPoint, Outlook or Excel (all available in 2010, 2013 or 2016 versions).
DOWNLOAD printable information on this course.
Dates and Duration
All upcoming start Dates can be found in the schedules page. The Microsoft training and typing course can be started early, if requested. The course has tutor led classroom sessions for two days and thereafter you may attend on flexi-hours. For your ease, some training can be carried out at home, online.
Standard secondary education, good English language skills and the desire to get ahead. It is an introduction so there are no need for experience.
The course is ideal for people looking for a first job in office administration or secretarial support.
Here are some examples; school leavers, foreign workers looking to train for a first office job in the UK and people with experience in non-clerical work who want to get a new job. Please look at the Administration Course or Administration Diploma, if you feel you would like to study at a more experienced level.
- Provides competence in foundation office skills
- Builds confidence
- Develops the skills for job readiness that are needed for entry to job market
- Any successful student will receive an automatic £100 credit for another Souters’ course
A CPD Accredited Certificate in Office Administration – Level 2