...As you know, I secured a fantastic role in a Legal 500 top tier IP firm a few weeks into my diploma. Three months in and I am still pinching myself as I cannot believe my luck! Thank you again and may I wish you and all your current (and future) students ongoing success." H Kopsch. Former Student.
Background to the Qualification and Course
Souters has provided legal training, in London, continuously since 1988. This Diploma was prepared by our legal professional teaching staff, using their considerable experience in legal training and though consultation with leading London legal firms. The result is that we have established a course that is completely up to date and has met the needs of a modern law firm, through specifically targeting the skills that are needed in the modern Legal Secretarial job market.
Legal Secretary Diploma Objective
- To gain a broad range of legal secretarial skills, in order to ensure a high level of job readiness, on successful completion.
- To provide the necessary MS Office and typing/audio skills in combination with more specific skills of a legal secretary.
- To provide in a classroom format a course, which gives a good understanding of the fundamental legal system and the role of a Legal Secretary within a Legal practice in the modern commercial environment.
Legal Secretary Diploma Format
The Diploma training allows a period of three months to complete. There is a Legal Secretarial Course which is taken in-house. It is led by a legal professional, usually a Barrister. This will address theory and practical exercises in Law and explain the structure and operation of Legal Firms. The course is available full-time over one week intensively or part-time over five weeks. The remaining MS Office Word, Outlook training and typing/audio courses can be undertaken on a flexi learning basis. The latter can be done in-house during office hours (with a tutor available for guidance) or within the comfort of the home (at any time). You will have 3 months to complete the non-classroom parts of the Diploma.
Legal Secretary Diploma Content
- The ACLS Legal Secretary Course - Level 3
- MS Office Word 2010/2013/2016. If you are already proficient we can provide you with Microsoft Certification of these skills, which is internationally recognised.
- MS Office Outlook 2010/2013/2016.
- Touch Typing Training. Again we can certify your speed if it is already competent.
- Audio Typing Training
"A quick note of thanks for all your advice, support, superb tutoring, flexibility and opportunity following my decision earlier this year to invest in vocational study to secure a career path for myself. I found the Legal Secretary Diploma interesting and informative, and have been able to confidently build on my secretarial skills and tailor these to the disciplined nature of the legal profession. I am most grateful for being able to accommodate my legal module to incorporate the areas of law".
Dates and Duration
Legal Secretary Course is 1 week, full-time.
Please refer to the schedule for start dates.
This course is suitable for those who are looking to gain their first job in the Legal Industry and can be useful for those working within a law firm who need to update their skills or gain a promotion to a Legal PA or Secretary.
Good general level of education with good written and spoken English. Quality general secretarial background or Secretary/PA training is needed before starting this course.
Benefits of the CPD Accredited Legal Secretary Diploma
- The course has been designed by legal professionals, who worked with Law Firms to create an up-to-date course.
- ACLS Accredited Diploma at Level 3 to become a Certified Legal Secretary.The course is taught by an experienced teacher and legal professional who will teach both theory and practical exercises.
- Having good Microsoft Office Skills is essential to a good Legal Secretary; this course provides excellent and reputable training/certification in the two programmes that are key to Legal Secretarial Work.
- This course also includes typing skills training, which again is a fundamental skill.
Well-recognised Legal Secretarial/PA Diploma on successful completion. Microsoft Certification of Word and Outlook.
ACLS Accredited Legal Secretary Diploma - Level 3
- Product Code: 13
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £999.00