“Excellent session, well run, very informative trainer. Easy to read, easy to find and well maintained materials”. Z Simpson. EA at Barclays Head Office.
This one day format provides you with a systematic and technical approach to the taking of minutes at meetings; an explanation of the theory and practical workshops are provided to help cement your knowledge.
To provide the participant with the skills to understand and research the subject(s) of a meeting, identify the key points and record accurately; to prepare and deliver notes which are to the point and clearly understandable; to create the necessary templates for formal minute preparation (templates provided on course).
The Course is a one day workshop. It is highly interactive and will combine some tutor led instructions with numerous practical examples.
- Types of minutes and writing styles available.
- Chairperson's duties and responsibilities of the minute taker.
- Establishing good working rapport with the Chair.
- Creating an agenda - where to start and what other people will expect.
- Practical application of the agenda.
- Note taking - practical exercises; Sorting information effectively and knowing what is important.
- What is a good set of minutes; Re-writing poor minutes; Bad minutes - feedback session.
- Overcoming the passive voice; correct tone and professional language; questions and answers with our experienced trainer.
This course is often bought by corporate clients with a specific need to develop staff skills in this area.
Dates and Duration
One day full-time intensive workshop.
Please refer to the schedule for start dates.
A good standard of English Language written and spoken.
- A clear understanding of the minute-taker’s role.
- A checklist of what should be included in minutes; accurate, brief and clear minutes.
- Understanding the important dynamic between the minute-taker and the chair.
- Listening techniques to enhance concentration.
Minute Taking Course - CPD accredited
- Product Code: 6
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £199.00