We are offering an online Power BI Course. The course provides learners with the opportunity to gain an understanding of how to use Power BI. This is an increasingly popular product being used by many companies to deliver reporting and analysis of all types.
What is Microsoft Power BI?
Microsoft Power BI is a part of the Microsoft suite of products. It is a commonly used Business Intelligence software. The programme develops interactive visual reports. It creates dashboards for managerial and business information. It builds your ability to understand business insights into an organisation. The programme can data cleanse, analyse organisational data, recognise patterns and produce reports. Power BI is set to become part of business as usual in all types of organisations.
This course contains a range of modules in Power BI training. It gives the full range of training and can be taken by anyone interested in Power BI.
Getting Started with Power BI
- Getting Started and the Power BI Service
- Creating a dataset using Excel
- Create a Visualisation and view a report
- Exploring the dashboard and adding a widget
- Using quick insights for a dataset
- Working with and modifying Tiles
- Building Blocks of the system
Power BI Data
- Overview of Power BI Desktop
- View Data Sources, Access Data, Text File, Excel File
- Enter to Power BI Desktop
- Cleanse and Transform Data
- Save/Refresh Data Model
- Query Editor
- Append/Merge a Query
Model your Data
- Create Relationships, Calculated Columns,
- Measure, Quick Measure, Calculated Table
- Work with a Time Based / Date Table
- Optimise the Data Model
- Simple Visualisations / Combination Charts / Using Slicers
- Scatter Charts, Gauges and Cards
- Map Visualisations and Table / Matrix
- Filter / Highlight
- Modify Colours, Shapes, TextBoxes and Images in Reports
- Customise Tooltips
- Bookmarks and Assign Bookmarks to Images
- Work/format with Report Pages
- Page-Level Tooltip
Enhance Power BI
- Data Profiling
- Create and use a What if Parameter
- Use Conditional Formatting for Visual Titles
- Add Buttons to a Report
- Set-Up / format Filter Pane
- Use Drill-Through
- Add a Column from an Example
- Get Data from a Web Page by Example
Analysis of Data
- Publish Reports from Power BI Desktop
- Create, modify, share a Dashboard
- Dashboard Tile
- Manually Republish / Refresh Data
- Print and Export
- Create/modify an App Workspace
Power BI Tips with Ben Howard (Microsoft MVP)
- Import Data from CSV/TXT/Excel File
- Enter, Clean and Manipulate Data
- Save a Report as a Template
- Create New Data Fields
- Introduction to Visualisations
- Drill-Through Filters and Slicers
- Comb Datasets / Create Relationships
- Publishing a Report
Dates and Duration
6 hours of learning time. You have access to the course for 1 year and can complete the course anytime in that period. The Power BI Course Online forms part of Office 365 training.
The course starts at beginner level and is open to all.
Benefits of the Power BI Course Online
- We are partnered with a Microsoft Certified Academy, so the information is up to date and to a high standard.
- Our training programs are set to an international standard
- Our qualifications are CPD Accredited and they are internationally recognised.
- Our trainers are experienced using Power BI in the workplace and developed material to be highly practical.
Certificate of the CPD Accredited Microsoft Power BI from a Microsoft Academy.