This course takes place in a 1-day virtual classroom format. It demonstrates a systematic, approach to minute taking in meetings. The learning process is completed with an excellent practice session. This is offered at a discounted price for students who have signed up for other Souter’s courses.
“Excellent session, well run” – Delegate from Barclays PLC
To provide the knowledge and skills needed to research and build an understanding of the subject of any meeting. The ability to clearly identify any key points and then record them accurately. The capability of preparing and delivering final minutes that are concise and easily understood. Finally, effective template production for formal minute delivery.
An intensive one day course. The course contains highly interactive tuition and practical examples, to consolidate the learning. The course is delivered in a virtual classroom.
- Genres of minutes and writing styles
- Create the agenda
- The duties of key people: the Chairperson and the minute taker
- Gaining a good rapport with the Chairman
- Applying the agenda
- Practical exercises; Taking notes, sorting the information effectively and allocating importance
- Characteristics of good minutes; Correcting poor minutes; What are bad minutes
- Overcoming bad writing style such as the passive voice. Correct the tone and ensure the use of business English.
Dates and Duration
Full-time intensive workshop for one day; for course dates see the schedule.
- Gain a good understanding of the minute-taker’s role
- A checklist for all the things to be included in minutes; ensuring accuracy, brevity and clarity minutes
- Strong comprehension of the relationship between the minute-taker and the chair
- Strong understanding of the correct functions of a formal meeting
- Confidence in listening techniques and better concentration.