The course provides an insight into the mix of skills and techniques required by an Executive Assistant, Office Manager and other admin staff to work in project management. Our Project Management for an Executive Assistant Course is ideal for anyone looking to advance their career.
Project Management for an Executive Assistant Course
Virtual Classroom format workshop, with a high level of interactive and practical exercises to create confidence when applying in the workplace.
- An overview of key project management models and their associated terminologies
- What is Project Management
- The Project Lifecycle model
- Planning a project and the associated models
- The optimal mix of soft skills required by a Project Manager
- Skills and experience of a good PM
- The Project Team
- What is the skillset of an Executive PA and Office Manager ideal for Project Management?
- Managing time and resources constraints
- Case studies of real-life project situations and how to deal with them.
- Closing off and Post completion audit.
Dates and Duration
The course will be held in a Virtual Classroom from 10:30 to 16:30 in a one-day workshop. Group bookings and bespoke courses are also available at client locations on request.
Dates are in the drop-down area in the booking part at the top of this page.
Who is it for?
Personal Assistants, Executive Assistants, Office Managers, Project Assistants and any other admin role looking for a project-focused career. The level can suit both beginners and people with experience in projects.
Delegates will clearly understand how best to maximise the numerous transferable skills from their careers as PAs, EAs or Office Managers. This will increase the confidence base of the course participants to work efficiently on Projects successfully.
A mix of soft and technical project skills will be gained to enable delegates to work effectively in a Project environment. The course is highly practical and focuses on working in a real-world situation, which is a stark contrast to other Project courses that primarily focus on terminologies and models.
- A clear understanding of the key transferrable skills of an EA, PA or Office Manager.
- The advice on redesigning your CV to meet Project requirements from EA, PA and Office Manager profiles.
- An overview of the key skills (technical and soft skills) needed to move into Projects.
- Learn the project terminologies.
- An overview of key Project Management Models (including the Project Lifecycle, PRINCE 2, 7S Model, 6C Model and more).
- A good understanding of pressures and constraints that impact Project Management and how to cope with these aspects of the industry.
- The importance of planning control and appropriate soft skills will be demonstrated throughout the course.
- A good understanding of methods of planning.
- Practical exercises on planning and feasibility analyses.
- The mix of technical skills, project-specific knowledge, and people skills training will leave participants far more confident and job-ready in the future.
CPD Certification on successful completion
The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more.
Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, but they are also often required for certain industries. A CPD-accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.