Our Civil Litigation provides students with a thorough grasp of practice and procedure, and the rules and principles as applied by the courts. The course provides a sound foundation of understanding in the major areas of civil litigation. The unit will consist of selected topics chosen from the following: general principles and practice of civil litigation, including: the organisation, jurisdiction and functions of the civil courts and of the legal profession.
To provide a course which will provide a solid foundation and overview of Civil Litigation practice, principles and procedure.
Live tutor in a classroom face to face format with a qualified litigation lawyer. Practical exercises. Optional exam and certification.
- An introduction to Civil Law
- The Civil Courts
- The Overriding Objective and Human Rights
- The Courts' approach under the Civil Procedure Rules
- Pre-action consideration:
- Funding litigation & client care
- Initial interview and instructions
- Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Pre-action protocols;
- Basic limitation rules under the Limitation Act 1980.
- Issuing and serving proceedings: The Claim Form; service and filing; other forms; tracks under the Woolf Reforms; rules and compliance; sanctions.
- Civil Courts Procedure; witnesses and expert witnesses; hearsay evidence; Part 36 Offers; damages and compensation.
- Essentials of application & procedure (practical sessions)
- Optional exam
Dates and duration
This is a intense two-day course (10:30 to 16:30) with another two hours to be made available for a subsequent optional test, after a revision period (typically one week to revise). As we have an in-house permanent tuition team we can arrange dates to suit the student.
Please refer to the schedule for start dates.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for non-lawyers and legal support staff wishing to work within, or to understand, the Civil Law sphere.
Either a Certificate of Attendance without exam or full course certificate after passing course exam.
Litigation Course | Civil Litigation
- Product Code: 28
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £499.00