Event Management is a growing skill in a growing industry which is required as a part of everyday careers, such as PA or Administrators roles, and also as a specialism/very exciting career in its own right.
This one-day practical workshop acts as an introduction to event management. The format of the workshop is highly interactive and it provides the learner with the necessary technical overview as to how best to approach an event.
- What is an Event?
- What skills are required to be a success in Events
- Planning your Events
- Creating a preliminary brief for approval
- Getting the best guests, deals and venues
- Working with an event team
- Health and Safety, risk assessment and insurance
- Understanding the audience
- Create an appropriate atmosphere
- Publicity and promotion, including PR, Internet and Social Media
- Client care and how to act on the day
DOWNLOAD printable information on this course.
Who is it for?
The course is aimed at people who have limited or no experience of Events Management. It can be taken by people who are looking to start a career in Events Managements or people who would like to gain the knowledge or widen their skill base to function as Events Managers, possibly as a part of their role.
Benefits of the course
- Technical skills required to plan and organise an event.
- Successful promotion of your event.
- A focus on the key soft skills required to deliver an event successfully
- Practical exercises to simulate a work environment to help gain confidence and experience for the workplace.
- How to delegate and prioritise in order to effectively manage resources and meet your deadlines.
- How to find best deals and venues through research and networking.
- Maintaining your networks for later events
- Evaluating and learning from an Event
Michelle Clarke, Tulchan Communications:
What did you most like about the course?: The precise crisp nature of the trainer and the level of useful information provided.
Danielle Bradford, Crossrail: Right content to enable running better future events, highly effective and informative with great examples
CPD Certification on successful completion
The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more.
Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, they are often required for certain industries. A CPD accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.
Introduction to Event Management Course - CPD accredited
- Product Code: 23
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £299.00