AAT Level 1 Bookkeeping Access Award Course Format
This AAT Bookkeeping Course is offered in a classroom environment at Souters' Training Centre in London. The course runs full-time. All of the training is delivered by financial professionals.
Detailed explanation of content:
• You will learn about the job of a bookkeeper using straightforward bookkeeping processes including for buying and selling transactions understanding the purposes of related documentation. The recording of transactions into books of prime entry will be a practical learning experience.
• Once finished in this unit you will become familiar with bookkeeping terms whilst having learnt practical bookkeeping ability. You will gain the confidence to contribute effectively in a junior finance job and to move on to more advanced study in the subject.
• You will acquire knowledge of the difference between assets, liabilities, income and expenses and that every transaction has a dual effect within the bookkeeping system. Double-entry bookkeeping is not included at this entry level stage, the knowledge gained it will prepare you to learn double-entry bookkeeping skills later, as it is covered in Level 2.
• You will be able to produce customer invoices and credit notes and effectively check supplier and credit notes and invoices and then to enter these documents into the correct book of prime entry. You will learn to calculate amounts owing from customers and to suppliers.
• You will receive practical training to post receipts and payments. You will learn to work out amounts of cash in hand and in the bank. You will be able to reconcile the cash book against a bank statement thereby pinpointing differences.
The AAT Access Award in Bookkeeping is designed to assist learners in gaining employment and or move to higher level studies such as the AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping or the AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting.
AAT registration is included. If you proceed to Level 2 we will provide a £50.00 credit towards course cost.
- Understand the role of the bookkeeper
- Understand financial transactions
- Process customer and supplier transactions
- Process receipts and payments in the Accounting system
- An overview of the financial process
Access Award in Bookkeeping (Level 1)
- Product Code: 18
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £249.00