Small group size training for existing Executive Personal Assistants (PA's) and Secretaries to senior managers, directors etc.; honed to focus their productivity and improve performance.
The Executive PA is increasingly becoming the linchpin in executive hierarchies. This course empowers PA's to smoothly interface with their executive/s to increase executive productivity, management of time etc. and interface with other executive team members and important external contacts.
Runs over one day 9:30 to 16:30. Refreshments and lunch provided. This is a workshop delivery style so that there is active involvement of delegates; this is not at all a lecture style delivery. We keep group sizes small deliberately to encourage interpersonal involvement and development. The course is specialised and early booking is always advised as we cap numbers Check schedule
- Enhancing your skills as an Executive PA: Skills and attributes of a successful Executive PA; Self assessment and personal learning objectives for delegate.
- Working with senior executives: Senior management: seeing things from their perspective; what do they need from you and how can you best support them?
- How to manage upwards; Understand the six styles of leadership and management; how to ensure you get the most appropriate support from your manager; How to use the styles to manage others more effectively.
- Developing communication skills: Effective communication: what does it look like? verbal and non-verbal communication; questioning techniques; honing communication to other peoples' learning preferences.
- Increasing personal performance: Understanding motivational drivers at work; how to be more assertive; saying "NO"; creating win/win solutions; being proactive; putting the four quadrants of time management to work; defining accountability and responsibility when assigning or tackling tasks; Increasing confidence; other practical exercises.
- Defining the Future: Prepare a personal vision statement for your career development; Create an action plan to embed your skills further in the workplace.
What will I get out of it?
A full understanding of the Executive PA’s role in the management team; The management tools to be more proactive; Effective self-management and personal development; Key objectives to increase your own and your manager’s productivity; Assertive techniques to help manage your day; Techniques to stay ahead in your field and manage your own development; a recommended reading list; a blended learning experience allowing you to continue to develop your skills in the workplace.