Souters is a Microsoft Certified Academy, with a range of experience and qualified trainer that deliver our Microsoft Excel Courses. Our scheduled Excel courses are held in our Central London training centre. All of the courses are led by experienced professionals, who possess teaching and relevant work experience. Our status as a Microsoft Certified Academy ensures that course and qualifications hold international recognition.
Classroom Excel Course Objective
To attain a proficient level in Excel. Course Format Training is in Excel 2013. We can offer other versions of Excel by online training for the Beginner to Proficient level. Additionally, we can offer Bespoke Excel course requests for training to private individuals and corporates.
Getting Started with Excel
Basic within new workbooks and an overview of the functionalities of Excel
- Formatting in an Excel Workbook
- Formatting font; formatting cells; borders; colours, highlighting
- Copying, cutting, pasting and other formatting issues in Excel
Calculations in Excel
- Set out your first Excel calculation and entering a calculation formula
- Calculating a sum and other basic functions
- Reproducing data in adjacent cells
Increase your efficiency as an Excel user
- Simple numerical formats and checking spelling
- Find and replace
- Inserting/deleting/moving rows, columns and cells
- Copying to non-adjacent cells; how to merge cells; change cell style; change the orientation of cell content
Print an attractive document
- Page layout; print preview and printing
- Repeating row/column headings on printed pages; headers and footers; hiding elements of a sheet
- Page breaks and print area
- Manipulating your Workbook
Introduction to tables
- Sort data, customise the presentation, copy formatting, and work with automatic date.
- Date formats
- Splitting the window, freezing a column/row
- Tables and Charts
- Subtotal rows; advanced filtering options
Creating and managing a table
- Proficient Level Excel table: how you can sort and filter data in a table.
- Data series and chart axes
- Create striking charts
- Managing a chart
- Adding and removing items, formatting chart items
- Modifying a chart's items and edit chart
Tips and Tricks
- Copying values, copying with a link.
- Absolute reference in a formula
- Illustrate your data with graphics and art
- Inserting comments to cells Inserting and deleting sheets, sheet background
- Moving, copying, hiding sheets
- Cell ranges and using them
Dates and Duration
The course will run from 10:30 to 16:30 for one day. Please refer to the schedule for start dates.
The course is a beginner to proficient level, so there are none.
- Learning experienced Excel trainers enables the learner to gain from their trainer's knowledge and experience.
- The high level of practical exercises ensures that learner will gain greater competence and confidence using Excel.
- CPD Accredited Certificate Microsoft Excel Proficiency for successful completion.
- Our staff are experts in field with teaching and practical experience to ensure that you can relate the course to your job.
- A Certified Microsoft Academy, we ensure that our material is up to date and delivery of training is to the level expected of a Microsoft Academy.
- Accredited Certificate to build your CV and Job
The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more. Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, they are often required for certain industries. A CPD accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.
Microsoft Excel Course - Classroom taught
- Product Code: 44
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £199.00