Background to the Qualification and Course
Souters has provided legal training continuously since 1988. Our training is delivered in a virtual classroom environment by qualified lawyers. We have been actively working in conjunction with a major City firm to redesign legal secretarial training to the modern legal industry's context.
Souters offers a virtual classroom allowing a live tutor to effect two-way communication with students online and live. Everybody is aware of others in the class and can indeed interact between themselves. To enrich the experience virtual whiteboards, chat boxes and audio-visual learning aids etc. can be readily used.
This course is delivered by a tutor, who is a lawyer with practical experience.
Legal Secretary Course Objective
- Gain a professional qualification as a Legal Secretary
- Build the CV and Job Options of Delegates
- To provide the knowledge and practical skills for complete job readiness as a Legal Secretary.
- To provide a good basic understanding of the main legal system and the role of a Legal Secretary within the modern commercial and legal environment.
- To provide a Legal Secretarial Course that is practical and interactive
- To gain real skills for working as a Legal Secretary
"Since doing the course, I have had a very varied and interesting career in law which has included being a Float Secretary, a legal PA and also undertaking Paralegal duties. I am now at a very high profile US law firm and I know for a fact that having the course on my CV is what initially got me into my first legal role. So thank you very much Souters!" - Claire took Legal Secretary Course and went on to have successful career in US and UK.
Legal Secretarial Content
- The work of a Legal Secretary
- Barristers v Solicitors Training
- Magic Circle v High Street Firms
- Introduction to Law
- Police + CPS + Courts and Procedure(s)
- Legal Word Processing + Introduction to Layout of Templates – main documentation within department
- Criminal Litigation + Witness Statements + Backsheets
- Legal Documents Civil Litigation + N1 Claim Form + Particulars of Claim + Defences
- Business Law + IN01 + Contracts
- Family Law + Homework + Petitions + Wills/Clauses
- Audio Transcription
- More text production
DOWNLOAD printable information on this course. Cours times may differ.
"Good balance of practical sessions and theory. I found the classroom sessions most useful. The tutor was great, always accessible". -Laura, delegate on Legal Secretary Course
Who is it for?
- People looking to build their CV
- People who would like to gain a real professional qualification
- People looking to become a Legal Secretary
- Legal Secretaries who need to build their skills and gain professional qualification
Benefits of ACLS Accredited Legal Secretary Course
- Live Tutor who is a Legal Professional
- Designed by Legal Professionals who have worked in conjunction with large London law firms to make the training course truly market focused.
- Well established training college established in 1988 with recognised course certification and diplomas.
ACLS Legal Secretary Certification at Level 3. The award is as a Certified Legal Secretary.
- ACLS Certification on successful completion
- A CPD standards qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is also issued on completion. The CPD Standards training is required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more. This helps to further develop your CV.
- The quality of qualification builds your career profile and CV, whilst the practical training develops real job skills.
Dates and Duration
The course can be taken from your home/work on a live Virtual Classroom platform. You will agree a virtual classroom session schedule that suits you and perform practiical exercises between sessions.
Here is a link for people who prefer Online/Distance Learning,
Good general level of education with good written and spoken English. Established skills in Microsoft Word are ideal (but can be taken as a supplement if needed). A strong Secretary, PA or Administration background is ideal. If you do not have this experience, you should consider the Legal PA Diploma provides both this Legal Secretary Course and the Secretary PA Diploma in one training programme.
If you require Microsoft Office Skills for a Legal Secretary, you should take the Legal Secretary Diploma. Find details CLICKING HERE.
ACLS Legal Secretary Course - Level 3 (Virtual Classroom)
- Product Code: 14
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £699.00