To enable the participant to gain a wide range of the skills required by an office manager in a modern working environment. For the participant to develop confidence in their capability to deliver effectively in their roles.
Classroom format over three full days with experienced live virtual tutors online. This is complimented by up to three months of Microsoft Office training, on a flexi hours part-time basis which can be performed online.
The course is a mixture of practical exercises and live tuition.
The key functions of an Office Manager
- Understand why your role is important.
- Key duties and skills
- What is an Office Manager? The role defined.
Knowledge of related functional areas
- HR (Human Resources) functions and activities- induction process
- Project management and planning - an overview.
- Health and Safety for Office Managers
- Facilities and premises management
- Budgeting and Finance
- Why are objectives important?
- How to set objectives for your team
- How to co-ordinate with higher level objectives
- Learn the finer points on why effective communication is so important; become an effective communicator and leader
- Learn the importance of assertiveness in performing your role
- Assertive versus Passive behaviour
Confidence building – get your own “can do” mindset!
- How to build your self-confidence and become a more effective performer and leader
- Lead through example
- Learn how to spread this confidence into the wider team
- Negotiate effectively
- Get the most out of your budget
- Decision making techniques
- Problem solving
- Developing and recording new office procedures for streamlining and efficiency
- Manage stress in yourself and the team
- Effective conflict management
Leadership - Be a great team leader; discover how your team can reward you.
- Delegation and supervision
- Team working and leadership
- Motivation- how to find the magic touch
- Importance and application of objectives in team and group dynamics
- Working well with colleagues
- Coaching as a tool
Managing time – get your priorities right and stay on top of your role.
- Time management
- Organising the team
The importance of the client
- Why are customers so important
- How to keep this in focus
- Complaint handling
Your future career
- Career Development plan
The Microsoft Office training (MOS) in three Microsoft Office products of your choice to Proficient Level (or Expert if preferred) within our Microsoft Academy environment. If you do not require the IT segment of the Diploma please try the Office Manager Course alone.
Additional tools with Diploma
Access to our training base for one year so you can access on demand or as needed on the following:
- · Office 365: Office Online
- · Microsoft Teams (Revised 3/2020)
- · One Drive (Revised 09/2019)
- · Outlook on the Web (Revised 8/15/2019)
- · Share Point Online Essentials (2019)
- · Share Point Online Power Users (2019)
- · Office 365: Power BI (Revised 6/28/2019)
- · Power Apps
- · Delve
- · Sway (Revised 5/1/2019)
- · Planner
- · Project Online Essentials (2019)
- · Project Online Power Users (2019)
- · Office 365 Calendar
- · Office 365 Administration (for the Non-IT Admin)
- · Office 365 People
- · Office 365 Tasks
- · Office 365 Groups
- · Office 365 Stream
- · Office 365 Business
- · Multi Factor Authentication
- · Flow
- · Office 365 Forms
- · Yammer
Dates and Duration
Three day course in-house, live virtual tutor led classes, plus up to three months additional flexi-time for MOS training and exams.
Please refer to the schedule for start dates.
There is no defined entry criteria, as the course is suitable for a wide range of backgrounds. Participants vary from administration staff looking to develop their career or existing office managers looking to enhance on the job performance. Career changers and people from other fields looking to upskill will find the course invaluable.
A good general level of secondary education.
- Job readiness
- Increase in confidence
- Expand skill set
- CPD accreditation
Exam and CPD certification including MS Office exams; great deal of on the job improvement and improved employability.
CPD Certification on successful completion
The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more.
Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, they are often required for certain industries. A CPD accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.
Office Manager Diploma - CPD accredited
- Product Code: 54
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £999.00