To deliver a comprehensive range of training in Office Administration which is highly effective in creating job readiness for office support staff. To combine class instructions by tutors experienced in admin skills complimented by state of the art tutor supported IT training and keyboard skills.
The main course is taught in a conventional classroom with live tutors.
The first part of the course is taught with a combination of interactive tuition, practical exercises and theory.
Key areas of the course are:
What are the key functions of an administrator?
- Understand why your role is important.
- Key duties and skills
- Administration as a function explained
- Why are objectives important?
- How do they relate to my role?
- What are KPI’s?
- Learn the finer points on why effective communication is so important; become an effective communicator.
- Learn the importance of assertiveness in performing your role
Confidence building – get your own “can do” mindset!
- How to build your self-confidence and become a more effective performer
Team working– Be a great team member, discover the power of teams
- Delegation and supervision
- Team working
- Importance and application of objectives in team and group dynamics
Key compliance areas– Learn the core of what matters in an admin role.
- Policies, procedures and codes of practice
- Health and Safety
- Legislation and compliance
- Equal opportunities and diversity
IT skills-Fast track learning – we are a Microsoft official Academy- key tips from our training library:
- Top tips for becoming effective in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Key boarding-improve your speed
- Effective data entry
- Get to practice what you learn
- How to take it further- our Diploma training
Managing time – get your priorities right and stay on top of your role.
- Time management
Operational- get the key skills/knowledge to give you an edge in the job market
- Targets and budgets- there relevance to an admin role
- Filing and record keeping
- Preparation of Business documents – e-mails, letters, memos etc.
- Organisational charts explained
The importance of the client
- Why are customers so important
- How to keep this in focus
- Complaint handling
- Your future career
- MS Office training
Microsoft Office Training:
- Three Microsoft Office Training Products to Proficient Level: (you choose which three)
- On completion of the training course, you will take Microsoft Office Specialist based exams.
DOWNLOAD printable information on this course.
If you do not want to get the Microsoft Office Training and Certification, please see our Administration Course without this training.
Dates and Duration
The Admin main course section is in a classroom format and tutor led, it will be three full days which will be concluded by an assessment. The IT section can be completed over three months on a flexi time basis.
Please refer to the schedule for start dates.
It can be ideal for people from another profession, qualified school leavers or graduates wanting to move into administration roles. It can also suit secretaries and PA’s looking to broaden their skills and open new doors.
Finally existing Office Admin staff often find it useful to consolidate their skills and build confidence or gain promotion.
No specific requirements beyond a good standard level of secondary education.
- Intense and fast track yet friendly means to gain office administration skills and improved employability status.
- Certification on successful completion.
- The student will gain recognised qualifications and real job skills to enable him/her to apply for variety of office administrative roles, as soon as they pass the exams.
- The main Administration course is CPD accredited.
CPD Certification on successful completion
The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more.
Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, they are often required for certain industries. A CPD accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.