To enable the participant to gain a wide range of the skills required by an office manager in a modern working environment. For the participant to develop confidence in their capability to deliver effectively in their roles.
Classroom format over five full days with experienced live tutors. This is complimented by up to three months of Microsoft Office training, on a flexi hours part-time basis which can be performed online.
The course is a mixture of practical exercises and live tuition.
The first two days of the course focus on technical and administrative skills:
- Preparation of Business documents, letters, faxes etc
- Organisational charts
- Business letter writing
- Health and Safety
- Legislation and compliance
- Equal opportunities and diversity
- Customer focus
- Staff codes or practice, handbooks etc.
- IT software and hardware; communications equipment.
- Team working
- Policies and procedures of organisations
- Targets and budgets
- Different management styles explained
- Time management
- Filing and keeping records
From Day 3 the focus is on managerial skills:
Key areas of the course are:
The key functions of an Office Manager
- Understand why your role is important.
- Key duties and skills
- What is an Office Manager? The role defined.
- Why are objectives important?
- How to set objectives for your team
- How to co-ordinate with higher level objectives
- Learn the finer points on why effective communication is so important; become an effective communicator and leader
- Learn the importance of assertiveness in performing your role
- Assertive versus Passive behaviour
Confidence building – get your own “can do” mindset!
- How to build your self-confidence and become a more effective performer and leader
- Lead through example
- Learn how to spread this confidence into the wider team
- Negotiate effectively
- Get the most out of your budget
- Decision making techniques
- Problem solving
- Manage stress in yourself and the team
- Effective conflict management
Leadership - Be a great team leader; discover how your team can reward you.
- Delegation and supervision
- Team working and leadership
- Motivation- how to find the magic touch
- Importance and application of objectives in team and group dynamics
- Working well with colleagues
- Coaching as a tool
Managing time – get your priorities right and stay on top of your role.
- Time management
- Organising the team
Knowledge of related functional areas
- HR (Human Resources) functions and activities
- Project management and planning - an overview.
The importance of the client
- Why are customers so important
- How to keep this in focus
- Complaint handling
Your future career
The Microsoft Office training (MOS) in three Microsoft Office products of your choice to Proficient Level (or Expert if preferred) within our Microsoft Academy environment. If you do not require the IT segment of the Diploma please try the Office Manager Course.
DOWNLOAD printable information on this course.
Dates and Duration
Five day course in-house, tutor led classes, plus up to three months additional flexi-time for MOS training and exams.
Please refer to the schedule for start dates.
There is no defined entry criteria, as the course is suitable for a wide range of backgrounds. Participants vary from administration staff looking to develop their career or existing office managers looking to enhance on the job performance. Career changers and people from other fields looking to upskill will find the course invaluable.
A good general level of secondary education.
- Job readiness
- Increase in confidence
- Expand skill set
Exam and CPD certification including MS Office exams; great deal of on the job improvement and improved employability.
CPD Certification on successful completion
The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more.
Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, they are often required for certain industries. A CPD accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.
Office Manager Diploma - CPD accredited
- Product Code: 54
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £1,199.00