To provide an intense exposure to the varied skills needed by an office manager in a modern workplace. To provide confidence and the ability to perform efficiently within your organisation.
Face to face five day course with live tutors giving a mixture of theory, interactive sessions and practical exercises.
The course comprises a mixture of theory, interactive sessions and practical exercises.
Key areas covered in the first two days of the course are:
- Policies and procedures of organisations
- Effective Business letter writing
- Preparation of Business letter, emails, faxes etc
- Explanation of organisational charts
- Health and Safety in the office
- Legislation and related compliance
- Customer facing skills
- Staff codes or practice, handbooks etc.
- IT equipment; communications equipment.
- Effective Team working
- Budgets and target setting
- Explanation of management styles
- Filing and keeping organisational records
- Equal opportunities and diversity in the workplace
- Management of time
From Day 3:
The key functions of an Office Manager
- Understand why your role is important.
- Key duties and skills
- What is an Office Manager? The role defined.
- Why are objectives important?
- How to set objectives for your team
- How to co-ordinate with higher level objectives
- Learn the finer points on why effective communication is so important; become an effective communicator and leader
- Learn the importance of assertiveness in performing your role
- Assertive versus Passive behaviour
Confidence building – get your own “can do” mindset!
- How to build your self-confidence and become a more effective performer and leader
- Lead through example
- Learn how to spread this confidence into the wider team
- Negotiate effectively
- Get the most out of your budget
- Decision making techniques
- Problem solving
- Manage stress in yourself and the team
- Effective conflict management
Leadership - Be a great team leader; discover how your team can reward you.
- Delegation and supervision
- Team working and leadership
- Motivation- how to find the magic touch
- Importance and application of objectives in team and group dynamics
- Working well with colleagues
- Coaching as a tool
Managing time – get your priorities right and stay on top of your role.
- Time management
- Organising the team
Knowledge of related functional areas
- HR (Human Resources) functions and activities
- Project management and planning - an overview.
The importance of the client
- Why are customers so important
- How to keep this in focus
- Complaint handling
Your future career
DOWNLOAD .pdf info sheet for this course.
“The most effective learning course I’ve ever been on”.
Dates and Duration
Five day course; optional assessment to be taken on the last day.
Please refer to the schedule for start dates.
Administration staff looking to become a supervisor or office manager; existing office managers looking to enhance on the job performance and knowledge or skill base.
At least a good level of secondary education.
- Job readiness
- Increase in confidence
- Expand skill set
Improved employability and confidence on the job.
CPD Certification on successful completion
The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more.
Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, they are often required for certain industries. A CPD accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.
Office Manager Course
- Product Code: 57
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £899.00