A practical Project Management workshop which aims to provide the knowledge required to work effectively within a project team and/or manage projects. This course is suitable for beginners and people working in projects, who are looking to gain from a practical projects skills workshop.
Classroom format workshop, with a high level of interactive and practical exercises to create confidence when applying in the workplace.
- An overview of key project management models and their associated terminologies
- What is Project Management
- The Project Lifecycle model
- Planning a project and the associated models
- The optimal mix of soft skills required by a Project Manager
- Skills and experience of a good PM
- The Project Team
- Managing time and resources constraints
- Case studies of real life project situation and how to deal with them.
- An overview of PRINCE2
- An overview of Project Management IT software
- Closing off and Post completion audit
- Controlling and Executing a Project
- Defining and researching the project; SWOT, Cost Benefit Analysis and Objectives
- Using Gantt Charts, Critical Path Analysis and other methods to present project progress, monitor and control.
- In depth review of Project Lifecycle
- Risk Management
- Project constraints
DOWNLOAD printable information on this course.
Dates and Duration
The Course can be held in our centre from 10:30 to 16:30 over two days or at the venue of the client on group bookings.
Who is it for?
Anyone who is either looking to work in Projects or is currently looking to work in Projects. The course is ideal for people with Beginner to Intermediate knowledge and experience of Project work.
- Learn the project terminologies
- An overview of key Project Management Models (including the Project Lifecycle, PRINCE 2, 7S Model, 6C Model and more).
- A good understanding of pressures and constraints that impact Project Management and how to cope with these aspects of the industry.
- The importance of planning control and the use of appropriate soft skills will be demonstrated throughout the course.
- A good understanding of methods of planning
- Practical exercises on planning and feasibility analyses.
- The mix of technical skills, project specific knowledge and people skills training will leave participants far more confident and job ready in the future.
CPD Certification on successful completion
The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more.
Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, they are often required for certain industries. A CPD accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.
Introduction to Project Management Course - 2 day
- Product Code: 71
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £599.00