Background to the Qualification and Course
Souters has provided legal training continuously since 1988. Our training is delivered in a classroom environment by qualified lawyers. We have been actively working in conjunction with a major City firm to redesign legal secretarial training to the modern legal industry's context.
This course is delivered by a live tutor, who is a lawyer with practical experience.
Legal Secretary Course Objective
- Gain a professional qualification as a Legal Secretary
- Build the CV and Job Options of Delegates
- To provide the knowledge and practical skills for complete job readiness as a Legal Secretary.
- To provide a good basic understanding of the main legal system and the role of a Legal Secretary within the modern commercial and legal environment.
- To provide a Legal Secretarial Course that is practical and interactive
- To gain real skills for working as a Legal Secretary
"Since doing the course, I have had a very varied and interesting career in law which has included being a Float Secretary, a legal PA and also undertaking Paralegal duties. I am now at a very high profile US law firm and I know for a fact that having the course on my CV is what initially got me into my first legal role. So thank you very much Souters!" - Claire took Legal Secretary Course and went on to have successful career in US and UK.
Legal Secretarial Content
- The work of a Legal Secretary
- Barristers v Solicitors Training
- Magic Circle v High Street Firms
- Introduction to Law
- Police + CPS + Courts and Procedure(s)
- Legal Word Processing + Introduction to Layout of Templates – main documentation within department
- Criminal Litigation + Witness Statements + Backsheets
- Legal Documents Civil Litigation + N1 Claim Form + Particulars of Claim + Defences
- Business Law + IN01 + Contracts
- Family Law + Homework + Petitions + Wills/Clauses
- Audio Transcription
- More text production
DOWNLOAD printable information on this course.
"Good balance of practical sessions and theory. I found the classroom sessions most useful. The tutor was great, always accessible". -Laura, delegate on Legal Secretary Course
Dates and Duration
The course can be taken at our centre in London over 5 days full-time. Monday to Friday, 11:00 - 16:00. For people who cannot take the training in London. We do offer Distance Learning.
Please refer to the schedule for start dates.
Good general level of education with good written and spoken English. Established skills in Microsoft Word are ideal(but can be taken as a supplement if needed). Quality general secretarial background or Secretary/PA training is needed before starting this course.
If you require Microsoft Office Skills for a Legal Secretary, you should take the Legal Secretary Diploma. Find details CLICKING HERE.
Who is it for?
- People looking to build their CV
- People who would like to gain a real professional qualification
- People looking to become a Legal Secretary
- Legal Secretaries who need to build their skills and gain professional qualification
Benefits of CPD Accredited Legal Secretary Course
- Live Tutor who is a Legal Professional
- Designed by Legal Professionals who have worked in conjunction with large London law firms to make the training course truly market focussed.
- Well established training college established in 1988 with recognised course certification and diplomas.
- CPD Legal Secretary Certification
- CPD Certification on successful completion
- The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, arristers, accountants and many more
- Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, they are often required for certain industries. A CPD accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.
Legal Secretary Course - CPD accredited
- Product Code: 14
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £799.00