"Tutor gets involved in discussion, nothing is too much trouble to ask or sounds silly, good explanations with examples, enjoys talking to students". S Holroyd. EA to CEO.
"I really liked how clear everything was; there was good interaction with other students and tutors". L Kempenaar.
"I liked it most how the course has shown me what I am currently doing right and what I am not yet doing properly. The location is excellent". C Hull.
"Super pace, engaging and informative".
To provide the student with a sound knowledge base and the real practical ability to perform effectively in an Executive PA or EA (International) role. The course is designed for full job readiness so that course graduates can move directly into suitable Executive PA or EA roles.
The main course is live and tutor led in a classroom environment.
Practical examples and interactive sessions.
On the job
- Transition from PA to Executive PA or EA
- Business letter writing for Exec PA’s
- Document presentation and proofreading
- How to take a lead role in meetings
- Tips on taking of minutes
- Confidence building to deal with executive level environments
- Synchronising your role with that of your executive
- Setting priorities, managing your role / career to meet executive’s needs
- Delegation, multi-tasking effectively, taking initiative
- Introduction to Management theory
- Styles of management
- Relationship with your executive/s; how can you provide effective support
- Effective communication skills
- Understanding verbal and non-verbal communication
- Different questioning styles; how to use questions effectively
- Office politics – how to handle this
- Explanation of the role of social media in the modern executive arena
- Overview of Project Management and Event Management for EA’s
- Communicating and negotiating, win-win solutions; this can be internal or external
- Human resources - EA as interface with this function
Developing relationships throughout the organisation
- Understanding other people at work; what do they really think?
- Understanding how to handle stakeholders and their importance to your role
- Passive vs aggressive vs assertive
- Saying "no" is sometimes necessary
- Take control of your career and advance your career with a clear plan
- Build your map for the future.
"I feel very pleased with the content of the course and what was packed into these days. I feel the quality of the teaching and information was up-to-date, inspired debate; I thought the exercises/discussion were challenging. I feel Souters has been caring, considerate and very professional. I feel more confident about my skills and about approaching the job market as a result of the training I have received there." EA or Executive PA delegate.
Dates and Duration
The course runs over two days from 10:00 to 16:30
Please refer to the schedule for start dates.
This course is suitable for a variety of people such as:
- Existing secretaries or PAs looking to upgrade their skills and obtain certification
- Experienced people from other sectors looking for a career change
- Company employees looking for related training
- Graduates of the Souters’ PA/Secretary course or similar quality training programme (check with the centre on latter).
Our Executive PA Advanced Performance course and its follow on course are for people already in a senior PA role either nationally or internationally.
You need a good secondary education plus generic office skills (e.g. MS Office and keyboarding) and a good business background or secretarial/PA experience. If you are unsure of your status you can gain advice on this from the centre. We also offer a Secretary/PA course which is aimed at people without much experience.
Improved confidence and ability to operate in the Executive Suite
Greater understanding of the Executive mindset and corporate objectives
Enhanced ability to influence others
- Tutor led workshop environment
- Internationally recognised in-house training provider
- Greater technical competence and comprehension of the requirement of an EA
- High job readiness on completion of course
- Assistance with job hunting
- Confidence building through development of in depth skills
- Understand the management process and how to perform at executive levels
- Soft skills training for EAs included with this course
- Techniques to stay ahead in your field and manage your own development
CPD Certification on successful completion
The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more.
Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, they are often required for certain industries. A CPD accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.
EA Course Manchester- CPD accredited
- Product Code: EAMAN699
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £699.00