This is a certified qualification from the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB). You do not need to have taken any other ICB exams to take this course.
The course will cover all of the theoretical knowledge and demonstration of the use of various tables and publications issued by HMRC.
The course is taken on a flexible start basis and is delivered by Distance Learning.
Definition relevant to the area
- The law relating to payroll, discrimination, employment status, data protection and confidentiality.
- PAYE and National Insurance Contributions (NICs)
- Working Time Directive
- Statutory Minimum Wage
- Deadlines and submission to HMRC
What is Gross Pay?
- Calculate the correct gross pay for each pay period for employees
- Annual salary, weekly wage, hourly pay, overtime, piecework and bonuses including statutory payments when appropriate
- Statutory payments of sickness, maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Paid holiday
- Contracted in and contracted out NI contributions
- Tables to determine the NI contributions for a gross pay figure
- Current legislation, calculate the NI contributions
- Be able to correctly calculate the NICs for an employee being paid for periods (such as holidays) in advance
PAYE and Tax
- Tax codes are calculated and applied
- Pay that is taxable for an employee with a given tax code
- Amount of PAYE to be deducted for a given period
- Calculate the amount of PAYE to be deducted when an employee is being paid in advance
- Repay student loans
- Determine the correct deduction towards repayment of a student loan
- An attachment of earnings may be used
- Demonstrate understanding of the requirement for directors NI deductions to be treated differently from ordinary employees
Benefits in Kind (BIK)
- BIK and the impact it has on an employee's pay and their employer's costs
Construction Industry Scheme
- Basic principles behind the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS).
- How to verify sub-contractors
- Amount of tax to be deducted if applicable
- Adjustments to payments to HMRC for CIS tax
- CIS300 form at month-end for a contractor business in the construction industry
- CIS132 form at month-end for a subcontractor business in the construction industry
- Sub-contractor to submit relevant invoices within appropriate timescales
Running a system for Payroll
- P45 form and where each part should be sent/stored
- P46 (starter checklist) form is completed and used
- P60 form at year-end for each employee
Computerised Accounting (Based around Sage)
- Utilising knowledge of the theory of payroll in a computerised package.
Payroll Management Course - ICB Level III
- Product Code: 32
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £699.00